Haytham Kenway x Male! Child! Reader

I came up with this in, like, 5 minutes so it's probably shitty.
I made the reader male for no special reason besides the fact that I thought it would be cute.

Y/n sat at his desk in his room, frowning at the paper on his desk before he angry threw his quill away, huffing.

'Why does Dad think I need to learn how to write and read? Many people don't know how to write and read!' Y/n angry ranted as he snatched his pile of papers, took the ink bottle before snatching his quill.

As he left his room, he looked down the hall. He and his family just moved to a mansion and he was still confused to what every room and hall is. As he walked around, searching his dad in the big house, he heard a noise coming from a door so he quickly ran to it. As he pulled the door open, he came face-to-face with an intimidating figure stood in front of his dad's desk, his hands behind his back, a good posture, a tricorn hat resting on his head, a sword against his hip.

'Who are you?' Y/n slowly asked.

'Haytham Kenway. Who are you?'

'Y/n L/n...' Y/n trailed off, staring at the man.

'I didn't know (Your father's name) had a son.'

Y/n just awkwardly hugged his papers, clenching his bottle of ink and quill. Haytham eyed the papers before he asked,

'Learning to read?'

'I'm trying to write.' Y/n held the papers out with a shaky hand so Haytham walked over before taking the papers. 'But I don't know how to spell it so I need Dad to help...'

'What word do you need to write?' Haytham glanced at the small boy before looking back at the papers.

'Something...' Y/n frowned, trying to remember what he had to write before quickly answering, 'Accommodate!'

'Yes, a difficult word to spell.' Haytham nod before he walked to the desk, taking a seat.
He didn't care that it was someone else's desk, he was the Grand Master after all, if he wants to sit, he shall sit. He dipped one of the quills on the desk in a pot of ink before writing the word then did it out so Y/n quickly ran to the desk before taking it.

'Accommodate is with two c's and d's?'

'Yes.' Haytham answered, watching the boy staring at the paper. 'Any other words you have difficulty with?'

'Intelligence.' Y/n quickly did the paper back so Haytham wrote down the word. 'Words with multiple same letters are difficult...'

'I also struggled with those.'

'Really?' Y/n smiled, feeling a bit better about this fact that he wasn't the only one suffering with such stupid words. As his eyes flickered down, he noticed a ring so Y/n couldn't help but curiously ask, 'Are you married?'

'No.' Haytham lift his hand, eyeing his own ring.

'Why do you wear a ring then? Dad says men only wear rings if they're married.'

'It's a ring worn by Templars only.'

'Why?'

'So we can tell who's a Templar, it's usually given by the Grand Master.'

Y/n just stared, confused before he muttered,

'What's a Templar?'

'Nothing for you to worry about till you're older.' Haytham kindly smiled, adjusting the ring so the red cross is facing up before he asked, 'Do you know where your father is? He said he was gonna take a file but this is taking too long. I have better things to do.'

'What better do you have to do?' Y/n curiously asked, watching the man getting up.

Haytham chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair. 'You shouldn't be so curious, Y/n.'

'Sorry...' Y/n mumbled. 'Are you leaving?'

'Yes, your father has kept me waiting long enough. Tell him to come visit me next time, I have more important things to do.'

'Ah, please come again next time!' Y/n quickly said, hurrying aside Haytham through the hall, both going to the exit.

'Why?' Haytham asked in a calm voice even though his eyes held annoyance that Y/n's father was taking forever.

'So we can play next time, of course!' Y/n happily said. 'Or you can teach me more words, anything is okay. I quite like you. I thought you were a mean man at first but you're nice.'

'You are well mannered for a child.' Haytham said, thinking before he asked, 'I might visit again next time.'

Immediately Y/n eyes widen, a grin forming on his face before he happily said,

'Yay! We can do many fun things~!'

A butler pulled the door open so Y/n stopped, happily waving bye to Haytham as Haytham walked away. Haytham glanced before he chuckled and gave a single wave.

'Please visit again fast!' Y/n yelled before happily turning and running around again, now not finding his father to ask for help but to tell him about the amazing man he just met.