Chapter 17

Today was Areum and the dreamies day off and the dreamies decided that today would be the day that they would try and help Areum and tell her how much she means to them. 

Areum's plan of action for the day was to just relax for the day as she was exhausted from the rehearsals from the past few weeks.They were rehearsing to go preform the album on a tour in Korea and China. They all spent the majority of their hours in the studio practicing every song repeatedly and Areum still wasn't used to it. The other Nct members had done something similar when they were preparing for world tours. They were used to being overworked like this but since Areum had only debuted a few months prior, she needed a lot more time to adjust to her now packed schedule.

 Areum was very excited to have her relaxation day but that was all interrupted by Donghyuck walking into her room. "Ari! Do you wanna hang out with me today?" Donghyuck asked with a hopeful look spread across his face. "Sorry Hyuckie, I just wanted to relax today!" Areum responded. Donghyuck pouted but a small smirk spread across his face. "But Areum noona! You never hang out with me anymore! Please! I'll buy you whatever you want!" Donghyuck said in the cutest voice he could possibly muster. He noticed a small smile on Areum's face and internally celebrated that he was able to get her to smile. "Fine, but you are getting me ice cream" Areum said before giggling. It had been a while since he heard her little laugh that always managed to make his heart explode into a million little pieces. For the first time is a while, Donghyuck saw a genuine smile spread across Areum's face and that made him so happy that he was the cause of her happiness. "Yay! Thank you Ari, I'll go get ready, see you soon!" Donghyuck said as he left Areum's room. 

When Donghyuck left, Areum slightly giggled and went to go for a shower and get ready. 

After a quick shower, Areum hopped out and quickly dried herself before putting on denim shorts and a white shirt. Areum quickly dried her hair and did her makeup before grabbing her phone and her wallet and leaving her room to go down to the sitting room and wait for Donghyuck. 

Areum was on her phone for about five minutes before Donghyuck came down the stairs. He was wearing black adidas shorts and a white t-shirt. His hair was still slightly wet from the shower. It was as if Areum had seen for the first time. He looked perfect. She was infatuated with him. Donghyuck looked over to Areum and saw that she was staring at him. "Ari, you know staring is rude, right?" Donghyuck said to her, laughing at her red face. Areum blushed a bright red as she was snapped out of her daze. "Come on, lets go!" Donghyuck said, grabbing Areum's hand and running out of the house. 

They finally stopped running after Areum started protesting that she wasn't wearing the right shoes to be running in. Areum went to let go of Donghyuck's hand but he tightened his grip on her hand, looked down to her and smiled at her before walking to a cafe where they would be getting lunch. 

Areum was a blushing mess. Donghyuck was holding her hand. The boy who she had a crush on willingly held her hand. Her mind was racing. Donghyuck looked down at her and noticed her red face. "You know, you're cute when you blush" Donghyuck said, glancing down at Areum again. Areum's face got even more, if that was even possible. "Stop! You're making me blush" Areum said, lightly punching Donghyuck on the arm. Donghyuck only giggled at how adorable Areum was being.

The two kept talking as the walked to the cafe. After a while, they finally reached the cafe and went inside. Areum ordered an iced tea and a salad as it was absolutely boiling outside. Donghyuck ordered an iced americano and a burger. 

They went to their seats and sat talking until the server came with their food. She noticed Areum and Donghyuck talking and it reminded her of the love she felt for her husband. She placed down their food when she reached their table. "You two are a cute couple" She said as she placed the food down. "Oh, thank you" Areum said, reaching out and grabbing Donghyuck's hand from across the table. The lady only smiled at the two before walking away. 

Donghyuck smiled over at Areum before shaking his head and start eating his food. 

Areum was genuinely happy when she spent time with Donghyuck. This was the happiest she's been in a really long time and she only had Donghyuck to thank. She didn't know what would be waiting for her when she got home that evening though.

Hello everyone! First off, I'm so sorry for  not updating this book in two weeks. I had tons of work to do from my school but school finishes on the 29th so after that I'll be back to updating this frequently. Secondly, thank you all for over 2k reads on this book. It really means so much to me that you all have been supporting and enjoying this book. I'll update again soon, bye everyone!!