S I X

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER VI

Changkyun trails down the sidewalk, his eyesight scanning the surroundings in the dark. He isn't sure how he'll locate Jooheon right away in the nightfall. He can't help but feel shameful for the words he had dropped during the argument. He didn't anticipate to hurt Jooheon-- not like this. He didn't intend to offend him; That's it. Changkyun will apologize to Jooheon, and settle things right between them.

At least, he hopes to.

He nears the public park, his eyes scanning the playground in hopes to find a sulky Jooheon. Perhaps in the swings, the red-colored slide, or the steps that led to the castle-like playhouse. He advances forward down the path, and a smile creeps over his countenance upon apprehending the image of Jooheon's figure, idly sitting in the steps with his head burrowed between his knees.

Changkyun hurt him real bad, huh?

The said name trudges towards Jooheon, his steps feeling light against the surface-- as if he's a ghost. Jooheon apprehends the other's presence but doesn't dare himself to lift his head. He yearns to ignore Changkyun; at least, until nightfall ends.

Slowly coming to a halt, Changkyun bends down by Jooheon's figure. As he does this, he takes a whiff of the elder's scent. He captures the odor of nicotine and naphthalene-- similar to an ashtray. Instinctively, Changkyun understands that Jooheon has been smoking.

"Jooheon, look at me," Changkyun calmly demands-- as best as he could. But, retaining stubborn as ever, Jooheon doesn't abide by Changkyun's demand and proceeds to rest his head in between his legs.

Profoundly sighing, the said name rests a hand on Jooheon's leg, indicating that he's solely here to set aside their issues, and set every misunderstanding right. He doesn't desire to scold Jooheon furthermore. He merely endeavors to help the eldest-- he wants him to live the best life. Come on, the poor man served five years in prison.

"Please," Changkyun begins, his hand squeezing Jooheon's thigh. "I want to talk to you. I'm sorry-- for my false words, earlier. It wasn't my intention, nor did I anticipate it. Jooheon, let me help you."

Hastily, Jooheon lifts his head from burrowing in between his legs. Swinging his head, Jooheon locks his eyesight with Changkyun's, and the youngest pinpoints exhaustion and frailty in them. They're hella bloodshot.

"How can you help me? I'm a lost cause, Kyunni," Jooheon informs, his eyesight steadily moving away from Changkyun's troubled gaze. "Admit it-- I've fucked up. I'm such a fuck up."

Silence falls around them again, and Changkyun finds himself repeating Jooheon's exact words in his head. I'm such a fuck up. He will admit-- Jooheon truly is a fuck up. The said name has been illegally doing drugs, drinking, and participating in theft at a very young age. Regardless, even with those flaws and vicious habits, Changkyun fell in love with the elder.