F O U R T Y - T W O

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER XLII

Jooheon seals his mouth shut, afraid that whatever shit comes out of his mouth would solely agitate Changkyun more. The elder ought to believe his boyfriend was sleeping, but why is he awake? Especially at this hour? Did something happen, or did Changkyun. . .

"Well, are you going to tell me, or are you just going to stand there like a fool?" Changkyun probes, his eyebrows furrowing as his eyes narrow upon Jooheon's figure, scrutinizing him.

Jooheon sighs deeply and emerges with a coerced smile. "I was training with Starship. I told you, didn't I? About the schedule?"

"Training with an entertainment company this late?" Changkyun ascends to his feet, and marches up to Jooheon, closing the gap between them. "Right, right. Let me fucking believe you for just a second because, clearly, I have the brain of a sloth and can't comprehend things accurately!"

Jooheon frowns upon Changkyun's own mockery. "I'm not claiming that you're dumb. Kyunni, I'm telling the goddamn truth!"

"Are you?! Are you really?! Because I called Starship just a few hours ago and they told me you weren't there! Do you take me as some sort of fucking idiot?! Where the fuck were you?!"

So, there's no way for the elder to slip out of this one. He's clearly caught, and if he doesn't spill the truth to Changkyun, well, it doesn't matter. Even if he tells his boyfriend everything, their relationship will not be the same as before.

Apprehending Jooheon's secrecy— since he's lost in his own train of reflection— Changkyun nears him, cupping his face in his hands and spotting the vague bruise that's forming on his cheek when he collapsed earlier tonight.

"Please don't tell me, Jooheon. Fucking hell," Changkyun says in the form of a whisper before drawing his hands away from his face. He reaches for his leather jacket, pulling it down his shoulders and recognizing the bullet wound upon apprehending Jooheon's sharp inhale.

When he spots Changkyun's eyes widening in utter hysteria, Jooheon jerks his body away, removing the younger's hands from his jacket as he wears it back over his body to conceal the scar.

"What. . . happened?" Changkyun questions between gritted teeth. He's already growing exhausted from Jooheon's bullshit.

"Kyunni. . . I. . ." Jooheon takes in a profound sigh.

Changkyun stomps his foot, throwing his arms to the open air. "You're fucking doing it again! You're taking part in a battery, aren't you?! Are you seriously just going to pick a fight with anyone that you pleased?!"