F O U R T Y - S E V E N

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER XLVII

Now that Changkyun's offline, Jooheon is well aware that he'll have to conduct the rest of the plan himself

Now that Changkyun's offline, Jooheon is well aware that he'll have to conduct the rest of the plan himself. He won't fuck up, and he won't fail— this is the only and last chance he'll get to expose Beongkyu. And if he wishes for his life to not be a living hell anymore, well, he must push through and achieve all of this.

But can he do it?

Backing away from the crates that carried illegal weapons, Jooheon exits the semi-trailer, his steps soundless against the concrete surface of the warehouse. He needs to search for more evidence that will put Beongkyu on the spot. But where could such evidence be hidden?

That's when his lightbulb sparks, and Jooheon recalls the main room that every warehouse stores. It must contain critical evidence to hold Beongkyu accountable for his vicious acts, and with the camera attached to his shoulder, Jooheon knows he'll succeed this time around.

But as he initiates to march forward, he finds himself shoved and pinned to the ground upon apprehending a pair of irrelevant hands sustaining him. Only panic and confusion begin to overwhelm him, but when he overhears a relevant cackle, a frown trims his countenance.

"Beongkyu! You bastard!" He shouts as he struggles for his freedom.

Beongkyu, who stands in between two of his henchmen, emerges with a cocky sneer— one that provokes Jooheon to grow the urge to rip it off.

"Are you surprised to see me, Joo? Well, I sure am not. I've known you'll be coming here, and so I prepared this trap. Do you like it?"

"Piss off!" Jooheon shouts, his eyebrows furrowing together. With the camera still intact in his shoulder, he hopes Changkyun is capturing all of this.

"Ah-Ah. Watch your tone with me." Beongkyu looks over at the followers, who are keeping Jooheon captive, giving them a signal with a vague nod.

Apprehending the note, the henchmen force Jooheon to stand straight on his feet, forcing the younger to glare at the enemy with malice and disgust. Oh, how he dreads to lunge himself forward and pound Beongkyu into a pulp— not stopping until he cries and wails from the agony and sees his entire face bleeding. He'll make that son of a bitch pay for everything he has done.

"What are you fucking planning to do with me?" Jooheon probes, his eyes never leaving Beongkyu's. "Are you going to slice me up? Throw me off a fucking cliff, maybe?"

Beongkyu merely laughs at the younger's statement. "Wow! You really do think everything through!" He then profoundly sighs, his gaze falling down to the surface. "You see. Since you've left your little shit behind to fend for himself, I've sent one of my men to take care of him."