F O U R T Y - S I X

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER XLVI

When the plan to expose Beongkyu has been laid out between them, Changkyun agreed to help Jooheon but didn't sit well with the idea that Jooheon will be the one to counter Beongkyu face-to-face. While the younger sits safely in the apartment, recording the screen of the laptop for whatever footage the camera on the elder's chest is captivating, he strokes his cheek with his fingers, watching Jooheon's movements on the screen.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, what if it takes an unexpected turn? Fuck, I've never been so nervous in my entire life," Changkyun admits, Jooheon listening to him through the earpiece in his ear.

"Don't be," Jooheon counters, his voice calm and stable. "Everything will turn out well for us, okay? Listen, if you let your nerves take over you-- we won't be able to do a good job. You have to trust me, but trust yourself, too."

Taking in a deep sigh, Changkyun deliberately nods his head. "O-Okay." He sees Jooheon approaching a warehouse-- the identical one where he found the younger in peril. "Do you think Beongkyu is in there?"

"Not sure. But, Beongkyu might have left behind clues. If I can find any, then I'm sure I can track him down easily." The camera in Jooheon's chest moves, scanning each corner of the warehouse. It's vacant and abandoned.

"I don't think he's there, Joo," Changkyun informs, his eyes narrowing at the center of the laptop screen. "Wait a minute. Do you think that perhaps he's storing something inside those semi-trailers?"

"Semi-trailers?" Jooheon captures the sight of the one Changkyun's speaking about. "I'll check it out, Kyunni. Be my eyes for me, will you?"

"Sure. Tho it'll be difficult for me to be your guard when the camera's attached to your chest."

Jooheon vaguely chuckles. "Easy. I'll just move the camera to my shoulder." And he does just as he said.

With sneaky footsteps, Jooheon approaches the red-colored semi-trailer, his neck snapping at all directions to make sure he's not being stalked. Once he has perceived that the entire coast is clear, he moves forward, seizing the handle of the gate of the trailer and forcing it open, pinpointing a vast number of crates labeled Iran.

"Iran?" Jooheon reaches forward, opening the lid of one of the wooden crates, only for his eyes to widen at the image before him. "Holy fuck! Kyunni, do you see all of this shit?"

Changkyun couldn't believe it. All of the crates stored inside the semi-trailer contains nothing but illegal weapons. How was Beongkyu able to get his hand on such faulty guns? Especially one's that are illegal in South Korea?