N I N E

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER IX

Seeing Minjun there, beneath the door frame, causes Changkyun to panic. With wide eyes, tingly fingers, and shortness of breath, he attempts to fabricate an excuse but fumbles with his words upon apprehending Minjun's approaching figure.

He doesn't say anything. He merely snatches the hand-gun from Changkyun's wrist, dropping it inside the drawer and kicking it close with the heel of his foot. Spinning around, he glares at the youngest-- their eyes locking with one another in unbearable silence.

"Why were you rummaging through my stuff?" Minjun interrogates, his tall figure towering over Changkyun. "What were you expecting to find in there?"

"N-Nothing!" Changkyun shouts in horror. Immediately, he's able to relax his sense, and he rephrases himself. "I was just, uh, folding your clothes. . . for when you came back home." In which the youngest didn't expect Minjun to get home so soon.

Minjun glances away, looking over his shoulder and peeping at the drawer-- which held the weapon-- one last time. He profoundly sighs within his chest and turns his attention to Changkyun. "Kyun, I know you saw the gun. What do you think of me?"

Changkyun cocks a brow. "What?" It is all he responds with towards the inevitable question.

"What do you think of me, Kyun," Minjun repeats but, this time, more strictly and firm. "Do you think I'm a bad person, Kyun?"

Is Minjun a dangerous person? Changkyun speculates that question, too. He doesn't know which are the choices-- or what the real answer is. Minjun may be a tolerant spirit for all he knows. Perhaps he doesn't intend harm. Nevertheless, the faulty scent of cocaine in his black-colored t-shirt and the hand-gun inside the drawer merely prompts Changkyun to believe that Minjun-- his current boyfriend-- is wicked.

"N-Not at all!" Changkyun pipes up, pushing an uneasy smile to adorn his terrified countenance. "M-Minjun. . . you're kind. I know that. I know you don't mean any harm or--"

"Don't mean any harm?" Minjun's eyebrows steadily furrow together. "What do you mean by that, Kyun?"

How is Changkyun able to deliver his sentences correctly when the atmosphere feels troubled, and his fingers and toes won't cease to tingle. He feels short of breath. Minjun's going to hurt him.

Minjun's going to wound him.

"Kyun," Minjun calls out to him one last time, capturing the said name's attention. "Are you okay? You seem super anxious. Is it because of me, Kyun?"