00.01: Happy Birthday, Type

Story 00.01

It was a beautiful afternoon. The wind breeze is calm, it gives a warm ambiance.

Type looks at the mirror, straightening his shirt when there's a sudden knock on the door.

Thanya peaked through the door with a warm smile.

"P'Type?" He turned around, "are you ready?"

He nods, "I'll be there"

"Okay then. Also, happy 80th birthday" Then Thanya left him, closing the door behind her.

Type looks at his reflection again in the mirror. He took a deep breathe. "It's your day, Type. Be happy"

Thanya was the one driving while Type sat on the passengers side. He's just staring outside the window, taking every scenery into his mind.

"You okay, P'Type?" Thanya broke the silence.

Type snapped out of his trance. "Hmm?" He looks at her.

"Are you okay?" Thanya asked again.

"Yes, I am. Finally, I'm coming to see him again. I miss him" then he smiled.

It is a genuine smile but full of sadness and craving for someone.

Thanya smiled at him, "of course you do. I miss him too"

Then it was a quiet drive. After a long thirty minutes, they had arrived. Thanya parked the car in the nearby street side. She hopped out of first and running toward the other side to open the door for Type. She lend her hand, which he accepted, to help him out.

"Careful" she said.

And they walked together, Thanya's arm wrapped around Type, making sure he can walk steadily.

Their pace are slow and careful but Type wants to sprint toward their destination.

"We're here" Thanya said, slowly letting Type go and steps away but keeps his distance.

He walks toward the tombstone. His knees are shaking, tears starts to form at the corner of his eyes. It has been a long time since he last visited. He was confined for the last month and today, his birthday, is his first day out of the hospital.

His first thought? Visit Tharn.

Type sat down on the greeny grass. Feeling the air hits his face as tears starts to abruptly falls down in his cheek.

His slender fingers runs across the gravestone. Touching the engraved name of Tharn as if he's caressing his face.

"Ai'Tharn" his voice cracked immediately,"I miss you"

"I miss you and it's been years and I'm still yearning for you" he felt like there's a lump in his throat. "Why do you have to go so early? You said we have to live until we're 70. You promised, you wished for it. But why am I the only one who lived through it? You left me too soon"

His eyes keeps brawling out tears that he can't hold back. It pains him. Everything pains him.

"You said you'll take care of me, love me, stay with me until the end but you found the end too soon. After all this years, I'm still grieving. I'm still waiting for you even though I know you wouldn't come back"

He's already sobbing hard, clenching his fist to his chest.

"You're so fair with me, Tharn. You always took care of me. You've putted me first. You love me with all your heart. You stayed true with your words but why did you have to do this in the end?" He paused, taking a sharp breathe. "You've become unfair with me"

Type wipes his tears away but there's still more crawling to his cheeks. He can't stop.

But he smiled bitterly.

"You know, I've been confined for months. I had a crucial heart attack but now I'm out here. I'm fine, I had another chance of life.."

His hands falls down at the top of the gravestone.

"But I decided to use my second life to be with you. Then, I know soon, I'll be with you. If you can't come back, then I'll finally come to you"

He chuckles to himself, "wait for me, Tharn, wait for me"

Thanya and Type left after an hour. They also left foods at Tharn's graveyard.

For the next following days, Thanya dedicated her time to took Type daily to his older brother's grave. Thanya can see the sadness and longing in Type's eyes. She knows someday the two will reunite again.

But she didn't know that someday came in too quickly. After a week, Type had another attack and this time, he didn't survived.

It wasn't an unfortunate event because as they look at Type's lifeless body, he looks blooming. He doesn't look sad. He looks so peaceful.

They all know, Type was happy in his departure because finally, they'll be together again in another life.

~•~

XX