00.16 Hell Hound

STORY 00.16

I HAD A DREAM. I'm home but there's something different.

I know I only have one pet and that is a cat named Ju. But sitting behind me is a dog. A puppy rather. A black Labrador retriever which I assume is a boy.

Tongue out as he stares at me with his puppy eyes that made him seem so harmless. He's a puppy after all.

I remembered I was looking around to see if someone owned him but there's just me. So, I kneeled down in front of him, smiling to let him know I'm not an enemy of his or a threat. He just breathes there, still looking back at me.

Carefully, I reached out my hand toward him to pat his head. Isn't the first thing to do if you want to gain the trust of an animal? Be careful and gentle with them in the first touch.

He didn't reacted tho. So, I thought it was safe.

My hand is just an inch away from the top of his head when his brown and soft eyes suddenly turned all black. It was too late before he digs his sharp, triangular teeth in my hand.

I gasped as I felt the sting piercing right through it. I saw my own blood. I tried to push him away from me, to get him off of me but he just keeps on biting and biting until my hand is bleeding endlessly.

What I hate the most is animal cruelty but I had no choice, I kicked the little fellow. Well, it didn't budged him. He still have his mouth trying to reach out to me.

I ran toward the staircase when I managed to separate him from me for a mere second. He can't climb up, his limbs are too short.

I breathed loudly, felt hope in my head but my hand is still bleeding and it's starting to feel numb from the pain the puppy had emitted.

But relief only stayed for a minute because the second time I looked at him, he's starting to climb up the stairs.

I'm far too slow to get away, he bit the heel of my feet then I woke up.

The amount of sweat I produced convinced me it's not just a dream nor a normal puppy in rage. It's a hell hound visiting my dreams. I don't know why or how did it got into my subconscious but I'm ready to shrug it off anytime.

But the case is, I'm standing right now in front of my gate. Looking down at a black puppy, laying down in the way.

What the fuck is it doing here!?

I wouldn't deny it but upon seeing the puppy made my heart beat faster and faster. Somehow I'm scared that my dream might be a warning but I'm worried as well. Because the puppy in our gateway is not just a sleeping puppy, he's wounded and bleeding.

~•~

AS SCARED AS I AM, I'm worried too. In the end, I took the wounded puppy inside my home and carefully placed him at the top of our sofa.

I saw Ju roaming around silently in the room, probably hunting for a prey, but when she saw the puppy in the sofa, she starts hissing at him.

"Ju!" I said, trying to stop my cat. "Don't touch him, okay?"

It took her a few more hisses and scratching at the floor before she gladly stopped and just decided to walk away.

The attitude of cats is really something. But this one, it's weird tho. Ju is an unbothered cat, aren't they all? If there's a dog around, big or small, she's just ignoring them. When they barks at her, she'll just go in her own way but this one, she reacted to him.

Weird, right?

Or is it normal and I'm just overthinking about it? Because Ju really looks like a threatened cat back there.