00.13 Diary

STORY 00.13
inspired by Diary - Bread

IT'S A WARM AFTERNOON. Gulf headed toward their backyard where Lou is, his eight year old daughter.

Him and Mew has been married already for ten years. Lou is their surrogate child. When they decided to have a family, Mew told Gulf to stay at home to focus on their child while he works for them. But he couldn't just stay in the house the whole time, that's why they had a little business to keep himself busy. And that's the reason as well why he's alone now with Lou while Mew is in work.

"Lou, stop playing in the soil," he said the moment he saw her playing in a pile of soil near the backyard bush.

"Okay," the young child softly answered. Standing up from the soil.

"Look at you," Gulf shook his head. Kneeling down in front of her to wipe all the dirt stuck in her little blue skirt. "If your daddy will see you he'll be very displeased"

"I'm sorry," Lou said, pursing her lips together.

He looks up at her. Seeing her with the sad and guilty eyes, it made him feel bad. He sighs, wiping the dirt in her face as well and giving her a warm smile.

"Don't worry, we're not going to tell it to daddy"

Slowly, a bright smile formed in her face. "Yey! It's our little secret"

Gulf nodded as a response. "Yes, now let's go and grab some cookies. I made them just how you like it"

Lou jumped excitedly with her hands flipping beside her. She ran toward the house first as Gulf just stood up but before she could even reach the backdoor, she turned around and ran back to Gulf.

"Dada," she looks up at him. "I forgot to tell you but I found something in the trees"

Confused, Gulf frowned, placing his hand at the top of her head. "What is it?"

"I found a box!"

"Where?"

"There! I put it there," she pointed a box silently placed beside the bush.

Gulf suddenly felt nervous. The box is familiar to him and he definitely knows who owns it. Except he have no idea what's inside it.

"I'll take a look at it after, let's go inside"

~•~

COOKIE TIME IS DONE.

Lou and Gulf is in the backyard once again. Lou plays in the swing with her dolls while he's sitting in one of the metal chairs with the box placed at the top of the marble table.

He inhaled deeply, gathering the guts to open up the box. He's too tempted to just ignore it.

It's familiar to him, he had seen it multiple times before. It was Mew's box from twenty years ago but the man refused to let him know what's inside, only telling him those are things he rather keep to himself. A piece of him. He don't want to push it either, he respected the little privacy Mew wants. He didn't even bother to see what's inside too.