#10 : Free Bird

Hyde

            The guys are here helping me to put my stuffs in my new apartment. While Donna and Mrs. Forman are with Jackie helping to pack her stuff before she leave for Chicago.

"Where do you want to put this box?" asks Red with a box on his hand. I notice that there's my handwriting on that box, it's written 'Jackie' at one side of the box. The box contain with all Jackie's stuffs that she gave me when she decorated my rooms. Her pink twinkle lights, her stuffs animals, her pack of scented candles that she haven't open up yet, frames with our pictures together. I don't know why I have to bring that to my new apartment. Maybe, deep down I'm not ready to let her go, yet.

"Give it to me." I say to Red. He's handing the box to me and I go to my new bedroom. I open the box, and let out the twinkle lights. The image of Jackie holding this twinkle lights and how her face light up when she hung this in my bedroom back in the basement. The stuff animals that she lined up on my bed, the picture frames she put in every corner. The thought of her makes me out of breath. I don't know what come into me, all I know is I hang the twinkle lights up in my new bedroom and switch on the lights. Pink lights now covering my bedroom.

"Man, you still love her. You hang her twinkle lights even when she's not with you anymore. It's either you still love her or you actually become Heidi for real." says Forman from behind me handing me a beer. I take the beer without saying anything.

"This whole thing is ridiculous, Hyde. You clearly still want to be with her and she wants to be with you too. Why don't you cut your pride and tell her how you feel?" Forman continue.

"First of all, Forman. I don't love people. Second of all, I can. But, I don't want to." I say.

"She's not a person, Hyde. She's an evil incarnate, your evil incarnate. How many times do I have to tell you that? Look, you're sitting here being miserable about her leaving is not doing any good for you."

"I can't, Forman. She's always talking about how she wanted to be on TV, this is her chance to get out of this crappy town, to do great on her own and I can't be in her way." I explain.

"But, she was so ready to give it all up for you, Hyde. That's pretty much sum up what she love the most, being on TV or her relationship with you."

"Come on, Hyde. Just go talk to her." says Kelso walking from the door with Fez and Red trailed behind him.

"Nope. I'm going to meet W.B for lunch. Thanks for your help, guys." I say patting Forman on the back. After finish putting my stuffs, the guys take off and I take off to the record store too. Angie and Leo already start sorting out the record alphabetically.

"Hi, Hyde." greet Angie.

"Hi." I say and sit behind the counter.

"Let me guess, you haven't talk to Jackie yet?" asks Angie. I didn't answer.

"What happen with the loud girl, man?" asks Leo.

"She's leaving for Chicago, Leo." Angie telling Leo.

"Oh. That's why you've been moping around lately." Leo continue.

"You love loud girl." Leo shakes his head.

"Leo, man. I'm not in the mood to talk about Jackie. Alright? Let's just drop it." I say.

"Of course, he loves Jackie. He just don't want to admit it." Angie mocking me.

"Angie." I say.

"What? It's true. I'm your sister, I am allowed to mock you." says Angie. I sighs.