Shipped off

Max's POV

"Max dinner's done," I heard my mother shout. I sighed and locked my phone shoving it in my back pocket. I headed to the dinner table where I sat down in my seat. And stared at "dinner".

What was wrong with it? I didn't know lasagna could be pale. I scrunched my face up with disgust. But quickly fixed it before my mom saw. She made me a plate and dropped it in front of me.

She didn't bother to join me and headed to her room I presume. As I heard the creaks from the staircase. Looking back at my "food" I let my gaze drifted to the sink. "Down the garage disposal it goes," I mumbled getting up from my seat.

I ran the water cleaning the sink of the deed. Then I started to clean the plate and fork. "Hey...You're done already?" I almost froze as my mom stood at the entrance to the kitchen.
"Yeah, it was pretty good," I said looking at the sponge in my hand. I noticed I was trembling.

"You think I'm stupid or something?" She asked sternly. I could only shake my head. "You put my hard work down the fucking drain!" She was getting angrier. I bite my cheek trying to keep myself calm keeping my attention on the objects in my hands.

She grabbed my hand and started trying to force it down the drain. I heard the garbage disposal turn back on. Panic taking over my whole body. I jumped back getting free from her grasp. Which caused me to fall to the floor.

"You didn't wanna go down the drain. I thought you were my hard work?" She said bitterly then kicked me in the ribs. "Go pack your shit. We got you signed up for some camp out of town. You'll be there for the whole summer...thank god." I heard her mumble the last part.

I used the wall to help me up. Immediately turning the disposal off before putting the cleaned dishes in their proper places.

I carefully made my way up the stairs. Closing my door behind me when I reached my room. I then sighed with relief but stopped as it caused pain to my side.

I rubbed it and decided to do what my mom wanted. Which was to pack my shit. I went to my closet and grabbed an empty backpack and a large suitcase.

While packing I wonder where they found a camp for high schoolers. I hadn't been to camp since 5th grade. So like four years ago. Maybe they finally had enough of me and were sending me to the middle of nowhere.

Time Skip

Jeans. Check
Shorts. Check
Shirts. Check
Hoodies. Check
Sweatshirts. Check
Underwear. Check
Extra shoes. Check
Hygiene Essentials. Check
Jewelry. Check

 Mr. Honeynuts. Double-Check

BYE BYE GODS AND GODDESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!