It's About Time

Max's POV

It's been a whole ass week. And it's still just me and Preston. I mean it's not a problem in my eyes. But I wanna see Neil and Nikki. And all those other weirdos I can't stand.

I laced up my sneaker and headed to the cafeteria. Preston said he was going to the auditorium with Gwen. Something about needing inspiration. I, however, was going to eat breakfast with David. It's kind of like our thing now. "Good morning Max!" I heard David shout from the entrance. "Morning camp man," I chuckled at the old nickname. "Guess what Max. We're not getting seven new campers and not nine. But eight new campers" He cheered as we went in a line for pancakes.

"It's about time, our camp is practically a ghost town," I said with a hint of relief. "They'll probably get here in the late afternoon. "Haha, actually. I was hoping you could help with something" He said poking at his food. "And you don't have to help me, but I really appreciate if you would. And of course-" "Shut up and tell me" I stopped him from beating around the brush.

"We didn't set up all the cabins!" He let out immediately causing me to facepalm. "Idiot's...what do you want me to do?" I asked drinking my coffee. "Really?! Thank you, Max!" He leaned over the table and hugged me. I swiped at him getting him to back up but keep his smile.

Time Skip

I popped my back as I stretched. I had put bedsheets on all the beds in the other cabins. And had put hangers in all the wardrobes. I was so annoyed when he told me to fold the bedsheets a certain way. Where was Preston? I had no fucking clue.

"I wanna soda," I said walking out the last cabin. I was about to head the other way when I heard a bus horn. I spun so fast I almost got whiplash. I didn't know why I was getting so. Excited? Those kids may not even be my friends.

My mood died down as I slowly walked over. "Hello, new cam- AHH!" I laughed as I saw the bus hit David. Making my way over I helped him up. "You're getting a little old for that camp man" I laughed standing with the redhead.

The door opened and I saw a kid I didn't know. I knew it. Now I've gone and gotten my hopes up. "Boring, I'm going to grab my soda," I said and was about to walk away when David grabbed me.

"Your going be stuck with them for the rest of the summer. At least play nice." He said. Huffing in annoyance I watched them walk off and be handed their belongings. "Hold up! Harrison?" I exclaimed getting a better look at him. "Uh, sorry do we know each other?" He asked. My outburst grabbing some of the other kid's attention.

"It's me. Max" I explained. "Wha? No way. Max is an angry short kid who always yells su-" "Suck a dick?" I answered crossing my arms sasily. "Oh my god, it is him," I glanced over and saw a buff guy with orange hair.

"Nerf?" I questioned. A smile wanted to appear on my face so bad. "The one and only" He replied. "So basically everyone from the old Camp Campbell is here," I said looking over the group. Everyone nodded.

"Max!" I was tackled to the ground. There goes my back. I open my eyes and saw mint green hair that I could recognize a mile away. "Niki!" I exclaimed as she hugged me. She jumped off and helped me up. "It's good to see you again old pal," She said slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Hey Max," I looked behind her and saw Neil. "Neil?" Damn, he was tall. Like a fucking tree. We hugged as well. David then grabbed our attention about wanting everyone to choose roommates so they can put their stuff down.

"What do you say guys for old time sake," Nikki said pulling me and Neil to her. "Sorry Niki, no co-ed living. So you'll have to stay with Ered and Neris" David said ruining our plans.

"That and I'm already rooming with Preston, so sorry Nik," I explained. "Woah, he's here too? The whole camp really is all back together" Niki exclaimed.

"What, no way! Let's mix it up" Some kid said getting our attention. I stared hard at him. If he was one of the original campers. I sure as hell don't recog-. "Holy shit Space Kid?" I yelled. Everyone else seemed to have the same reaction.

"I say we mix it up. We're going to go back to our old groups why not have different roommates?" He proposed. And I didn't care. I just wanted to know how he went from having an around face to a jawline so sharp it could cut stone.

And thus our roommates where chosen...

Max. Preston. Space Kid
Ered. Neris. Nikki
Nerf. Harrison. Neil. Dolf

(They squeezed in and extra bed since Dolf couldn't be by himself)

BYE BYE GODS AND GODDESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!