You're a Spineless, Pale, Pathetic Lot

(Yeah...I lied to myself...I told myself my brain was dried up and I had no more ideas and then poof an X Bokuto story...So that's more or less where I've been. Haha...Ha...But I'm back)

Max's POV

"I said RUN, not SPEED WALK!... I'm looking at you, Max!" Gwen's voice boomed in the megaphone. Who the hell gave that to her anyway. Dammit, if I knew hyping people up was so effective I wouldn't have done it. Don't get me wrong I wanna crush every other camp here. I've been chaotic like that since I was young that much hadn't changed. Same for my work effort, however.

"What in the hell..." I watched Nikki zoom around the stadium again. "Ugh...I'm done for...just leave me here to die" I slumped down next to Harrison who was sitting down just up ahead. "Thank god someone stopped before me" I sighed. "Oh, hey Max...Sup" He panted. "Eh, other than suffering...nothing much" I nonchalantly replied wiping my sweat away. 

"Oh thank Christ" Ered groaned stopping and sitting next to me. "I'm so done with Gwen's stupid training," Ered said fanning her red face with her hand. "Ha, were we all just waiting for someone to break first" Harrison chuckled tiredly. "Looks like it, thanks for stopping guys" The blonde chuckled out. "It's probably because we haven't been to camp with each other in a long time we probably just wanted to show off or whatever" Ered continued.

"AAAHHH!!! Oof-" The three of us winced as we watched Neris skidded to a stop on her face. "You...okay there?" I asked the fallen girl. She gave us a thumbs up and rolled over to us. "Ouch..." Ered cringed at Neris's face. "Uh...do you have spares?" Harrison asked our bleeding friend. "I don't feel as bad as it probably looks," Neris said still laying on the floor. "Damn," Neris mumbled taking her glasses off and examining them.

"You should all be killed off" I turn my head in concern and saw Dolf staring down at us. "He still does that huh," I thought. "Is what I would have said if I wasn't planning on stopping too" He said plopping onto the ground. "...Right...Anyways what've you guys been up to the past few years?" Ered turned to us.

"Oh you know just magic...I've been uh, trying to bring my brother back" Harrison replied quietly. Which leads us to an awkward silence."Uh, what about you not so little dude," Ered said turning to Dolf. "I've been mastering my craft and trying oil paints for the first time" He then pulled out his phone and showed us a picture of a forest. We praised his work and asked Neris the same question. But instead of something about wizards and all that other D&D nonsense she responded with something along the lines of trying to fit into school.

Everyone else bought the response but to me, it stood out. Since when did Neris the Cute care about the opinions of anyone else. Before I could ask her about it Ered piped up about riding dirt bikes with her friends. Then everyone else stared at me. "Did you find your thing, Max?" Ered asked. "...Yeah...I like music, I play guitar whenever I can. I even got thrown in chorus" I chuckled recalling when I first walked into the classroom. I was late and when I first walked into class the teacher was showing off his skills and singing opera.

"You'll have to show us some riffs sometime" Ered nudged me. "Wow, I would have thought you kinda hated the guitar cause of David" Harrison laughed causing the rest of us to laugh too.

"THERE YOU ARE!" We stopped laughing and saw an angry Gwen in the distance. "Anyone else get a second wind?" We bolted away from our spot and started running away from Gwen. "SO NOW YOU LAZY BUMS WANNA RUN!"

"Why is she so fast?!" I gasped out as I felt my lungs burn. I haven't run like this in a long time. God, I need to work out more. I haven't even been running that long.

Time Skip

Neil's POV

I watched as Gwen chewed out Max and a few others. "Since when was Gwen even taking this Camp Olympic thing seriously?" Nerf asked setting his tray down and looking over to David. "...I bribed her..." David said with a sigh. "Do we even wanna know?" I raised an eyebrow at the older man as get replied with probably not. That normally didn't mean anything good and with standards like Gwen's. Just trying to brainstorm what it is, gives me nightmares.

Max rolled his eyes again and turned to met my eyes. He raised a brow before starting to make silly faces at me. I chuckled at his behavior and went back to my food just as Gwen let them grab food for themselves before the lunch lady stopped serving. "Jeez, I was beginning to think she was going to let them starve," Nikki said with her mouth full. 

I'd normally cringe at this sort of behavior...but...This is Nikki. Max plopped next to me and assumed his normal slouch. I guess he noticed me staring at me again and sent a wink my way. I rolled my eyes playfully and went back to my food. "Hey, Neil did you ever send me those pictures from last week?" Max suddenly asked me. "Huh? Oh, right my bad" I took my phone out and opened my gallery before sending a collage of photos to Max.

I heard him chuckle darkly as he viewed the Platypus biting David. "Listen up you brats. We're winning this stupid camp thing. We've got to arrest dominance. The completion is tough and you guys...Yeah and yall are a spineless, pale, pathetic lot" Gwen groaned.

"What's with the Mulan reference?" I asked David. "Huh? Oh, this chapter was supposed to come out a while ago. Like when the live-action Mulan movie was supposed to come out" The elder male responded tiredly. "Oh...Wait what?" I questioned confused.

"No breaking of the fourth wall!" Nerf yelled pointing his fork at us.

BYE BYE GODS AND GODDESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!