A Declaration of War

HAPPY EXTREMELY LATE NEW YEARS HOLY ONES!!!🍾🎉

Sorry for the long wait. I'm trying to get better at posting more frequently. But I'm going to stop making promises I may or may not be able to keep. So don't expect too much from me until the summer. But not even then cuz I probably have to get a job. Has anyone watched any good anime over the last couple of months? I finished Jormungand and the four seasons of One Piece on Netflix.

Neil's POV

I sat grumbling to myself aggravated about the series of events I know will lead to a whole slew of problems. "Sup nerd," I turned my gaze to who I thought was Nerf only to see Max taking a seat next to me. "Hey, Max" I replied blandly.

"What? that's it? No long speech about why we shouldn't do this and spare any last shreds of dignity we may or may not have left," I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him skeptically. "Yeah, because that worked so well when we were kids," I replied chuckling dryly.

"What's with the reminiscing of the past? That's like all anyone does anymore." He rolled his eyes annoyed. "Look who's talking hypocrite, you just assumed I'd try and talk you guys out of doing something stupid like when I was a kid," He paused for a second at the realization before giving a small laugh. "Well, currently speaking, will you?"

"Probably not, I already know how this is going to play out. Or at least a general idea not wanting to go off the past. We've all changed quite a bit in the last three years."

"Well duh, have you looked in the mirror? You'd probably see a tree in your reflection," Max laugh snidely getting a good laugh out of me as well.

"...Do you really want me to?" I questioned.

"Not really but I feel like listening to your voice and a good rant seems like the best choice for long-term satisfaction."

"...You like my voice?" I asked slightly timid my face becoming a little heated.

"I mean, we spend literally every day near each other but we don't talk. Hell, we barely interact with each other. Just want us to be closer I guess." My face that was starting to glow red quickly went pale. Was Max trying to say he missed me being around him?

"Alright, Campbell Campers the time has come for us to show our strength!" Dolf yelled grabbing all our attention. "Are you sure we should do this?" Nerris asked unsurely.

"What you don't remember this morning," Nikki asked then looked off into the distance.

[ FLASHBACK ]

Max's POV

"So...Anyone know what's wrong with David?" Harrison asked staring at the counselor.

"Yeah his body's giving off this the best day of my life but his eyes are yelling, goddammit my period started and I ruined my bedsheets and another pair of underwear," Nikki growled the last part. I sent her a worried glance before focusing back on David who was violently stabbing his eggs.

 "He's got an awful amount of veins...Is he having a stroke perhaps" Space kid asks inspecting Davids's neck. "Well...Are you having a stroke, David?...Jesus!" I leaned back in my seat as David bent his fork effortlessly. He then excused himself and left the building.

"I mean this an improvement from last night. He wouldn't stop snapping twigs and shit " Gwen said before sipping on her coffee. "That's so not like David," Ered stated the rest of us quickly agreeing with her. 

"So are you going to tell us what happened or not?" We stared at Gwen who gave a sigh. "Long story short David walked in on the other camps counselors making bets on who'll win the bullshit games come to find out they excluded us and talked shit about us to his face. So he's just the slightest bit peeved." The woman explained nonchalantly and dranking more of her coffee.

"Slightest? Man is livid" Ered said laconically.

"I say we show these fuckers why they shouldn't cut us out just yet" Dolf smirked mischievously to which I laughed. This was going to be interesting.

[ END FLASHBACK ]

Neil's POV

Dolf signaled for us to charge into the cafeteria. Screaming like a bunch of banshees we climbed up on the tables with zero regards for the people trying to eat. 

A loud static noise was heard as Dolf turned on the megaphone he had "borrowed" from Gwen. Once the noise ceased he started his verbal assault on the other camps. 

"You should all be glad to be considered peers to us. I should really divide you and kill half of you off-"

"What he means to say is if you think we're going to just let you win this stupid organized event your dead wrong. And we've got the best damn chance of beating you motherfuckers." Max's thankfully said jumping in.

"Ha! Your attempt of intimidation was as weak as a newborn calf" Pikeman jeered getting up from his seat. "Who even cares, just get the hell off our table you assholes," Sasha said clearly irritated with our actions.

I watched as Max knocked over a ketchup bottle before stomping on it causing the tomato paste to squirt all over her. "Oops," He said innocently with a mismatched smile that came off more as cocky. The room burst into laughter at the flower scout's distress. 

"You dick!" She grabbed her meatloaf and chucked it at Max who narrowly avoided it. Which resulted in it landing on some random guy's head.

"Oh crap," I muttered watching everyone start raising.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

I quickly jumped off the table and tried to protect myself with a tray from an onslaught of mash potatoes.

"Come on Neil fight back!" Nikki encouraged throwing apples at people. I looked at her concernedly as she laughed maniacally after had hit someone in the head. "I think I'll just keep my head down thanks," I said crawling towards an exit.

I rounded a table and smacked into someone's legs I sheepishly looked up and saw quartermaster with mash potato in his bread. "New kids here," I looked over and saw a horrid sight.

"It's me, your good old pal Jermy Fartz" I felt myself nearly hurl.

Just then two loud screams could be heard. I looked back and saw Max and Pikeman holding each other for dear life. "Camp Cambell Scatter!" Max yelled releasing the redhead and running towards the door.

"All troops retreat-"

"Pikeman is that you. I haven't seen you in forever let me give you a hug" Jermy said headed over to the wood scout

"AH RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Pikeman yelled letting out a girlie scream.

"Nerd stop standing around and run," Nerf said picking me up along with Preston and making a beeline to the nearest exit.

BYE BYE GODS AND GODDESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!