Zangetsu

Ichigo just gaped as he stared at the bulletin posted on the wall of the halls of the Death Weapon Miester Academy. On the wall, he was listed as the Number 1 test score right next to Maka Albarn..

So far.. he had been at the DWMA a total of 3 days.. and still he had not been able to figure up how he ended up here. However, he had been able to figure out more about this world.

Apparently, this school was ran by Lord Death, the actual Grim Reaper himself, who formed the academy to fight against some kind of demon called a Kishin. The Kishin was a result of somebody devouring pure human souls, which was forbidden, turning them into demons.. the souls of those turning into Kishin, were called Kishin eggs. And it was the task of the Meisters and Weapons in the Academy to collect these eggs before they became Kishins...

The humans who could become weapons, like Soul, Patty, and Liz.. would eat the Kishin eggs.. and by devouring 99 souls and one Witch's soul, they could become a Death Scythe.. a personal weapon of Lord Death himself.

By far, Ichigo was one of the few in the Academy who wasn't partnered with a weapon...until Excalibur had decided to enroll in the Academy.. as Ichigo's partner.. and to make matters worse.. Ichigo now had to live with Excalibur. That was somethin Ichigo felt made absolute no sense considering he'd never even seen Excalibur change into a weapon, much less had he ever used Excalibur..

The saddest thing about it too, was everyone seemed to think Zangetsu was some super shy student who didn't like to talk or socialize with others.. it irritated Ichigo to no end whenever he saw Sid trying to talk to his giant blade.. saying stuff like "there's no need to be scared.. come on.. you should eat some lunch.."

Ichigo had replied with a heated. "ZANGETSU IS INSIDE ME!!!"

That had resulted in a whole lot of awkward gazes which resulted in some students starting to debate if Ichigo was secretly gay...

As far as he could figure out about his supposed 'friends', Death The Kid was actually the son of Lord Death.. making him some sort of Death god supposedly. Maka was the top student of the Academy while her partner Soul was a cool slacker. Black Star, was the most arrogant prick in the universe, convinced that some day he would surpass God. Constantly running around and giving his unwanted autographs and laughing about how he could beat everyone. Tsubaki, his partner, was a unique weapon who could transform herself into a variety of Assasin's weapons, and she was relatively nice and a good cook. and Liz and Patty, Kid's partners.. well.. er.. they were something..

Everyone was convinced they knew Ichigo.. Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, and Black Star were convinced they had known Ichigo for 3 years. And Patty was convinced that she and Ichigo had been dating for 2 months.

Nobody knew what Soul Reapers were.. Everybody was curious about how Ichigo's powers worked. It was like a can full of disturbing mysteries Ichigo just couldn't figure out.

Kid by far seemed like the most sensible to Ichigo. Ever since Ichigo had revealed his Bankai.. which was like a second release form for the Zanpakuto, the sword of a Soul Reaper, Kid had been keeping a sharp eye on Ichigo, convinced it was a power unlike any he had seen before.. which was probably right. That is.. when he wasn't running around obsessed with perfection..

"YO ICHIGO!!!" Ichigo was thrown out of his thoughts as Black Star walked up followed by Tsubaki.

"Oh.." Ichigo muttered. "It's you.."

"Hey Ichigo." said Tsubaki with a cheerful smile. "Where's Excalibur?"

"You kidding?" Ichigo muttered. "I managed to lose him in the last 20 classrooms. Dang that guy is irritating."