1.

Sunday | 20:00
- Taehyung

It was slightly chilly that night but it didn't stop me and my friends from what we were about to do—break into a neighbour's house. And it was all thanks to a dare from my dear friends who thought it was a great idea knowing that the previous owners of the house, the Choi's, had moved out. Certainly, I could've declined the idea but seeing the excitement in their eyes, I felt like maybe I could use a little adventure tonight—or so I thought.

Upon reaching the roadside of the house, we took a last scan around to see if there was anyone before approaching the front door. Since I was the one who was suppose to break into the house, I went to the doorknob and tried twisting it open. After a couple of twists, I realised it was locked and used it as an excuse for us to leave.

"No sh*t, it's locked. We gotta find another way to enter," Yoongi responded with sarcasm.

I sighed. We looked around the front porch trying to find something that could break open the door or another way in through the window. That was when Jungkook found out that the window next to the door could be lifted up with ease.

"Interesting," he uttered as he opened up the window to its maximum before swinging his right leg over the window and into the house.

The seven of us entered the house one by one through the window before turning on our flashlight and looking around in awe. It looked pretty much like any other house, just a different wallpaper of the colour green.

"Okay, since we're all in here, we should go now," I insisted since that was all my dare entailed.

However, the rest didn't seem to budge. They were looking around the house, wandering about like they owned this place. I started getting agitated.

"Not gonna lie but I'm in for some investigating," Namjoon uttered as he shone his flashlight onto some paintings hanging on a wall.

"Yeah you gotta relax, hyung. Besides, like I told you just now, no one is living here anymore," Jungkook added.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, knowing that we were not going with our initial plan.

"By the way, do you guys remember the kid who lives here?" Hoseok asked as he scanned around the living room.

"Yeah, he's weird, isn't he? I caught him watching us skateboarding from behind a bush the other time," Jungkook said.

"Tchhh, his dad is even weirder... According to my mum, he would buy some ten kilograms of meat almost everyday. It's not like he has a big family—or a restaurant or something," Jimin scoffed.

The guys let out a chuckle.

"Maybe they're just hung—"

"Oooooh, what's this?" Hoseok interrupted, his voice was filled with curiosity.

We went over to him to see a door with a rather big lock. Hoseok went around finding for something before engaging on a trial-and-error on the lock. After a couple of attempts, he managed to break open the lock with a metal spade he found at the kitchen area. He removed the remnants of the lock from the knob before swinging the door open. It let out those squeaky sounds you would hear from a worn-out hinge as he widened the door. He then shone his flashlight into the darkness to see a flight of stairs leading down to some sort of a room, I assumed was a basement.

"I'm going in first," Hoseok uttered as he stepped on the stairs.

The rest of us followed him down the stairs from behind, our curiosity grew. As soon as we reached the bottom of the stairs, we shone our flashlight around the dark room to see some chains. Some of the chains were attached to the wall, some loose, lying on the floor. Seeing the chains, Seokjin started chuckling by himself.

"I'm guessing the ten kg of meat, Jimin, is for their ten dogs," Seokjin joked as he picked up a chain and swung it around.

I couldn't hold my laughter and started laughing with the rest. At this point, Jimin looked really pissed off and told us to shut up. As soon as we stopped laughing, we suddenly heard some movements from behind us. It sounded like chains being dragged across the floor. As I turned around, my eyes widened in disbelief. We all let out a scream. There, on the floor, just behind the stairs, laid an emaciated man with a chain tied to his neck and hands.

"Help me..."

.