13.

Tuesday | 21:40
- Hoseok

Back at my house, I was still arguing with my parents about what I had overheard them say. They were saying it was for my 'own good' that we do nothing about whatever that was happening. However, all I could think about was my friends, their lives at risk, thanks to my good-for-nothing father who doesn't want to do his goddamn job. I never thought he and my mother could be this selfish. They kept saying that it was better for the three of us and that we should all just mind our own businesses.

"Why? What did the two of you do?!" I bellowed, not understanding why they were being so defensive.

"Okay, okay! I apologise! I'll help you-"

I stopped my father midway when I felt my phone vibrating through the right pocket of my jeans. I took it out to see an unknown caller on my phone screen. "Hello?"

There were heavy breathing at the other end of the line and some classical music playing in the background. Thinking it was a prank call, I was about to end it when the person finally spoke.

"One of your other friends is taken by him..." I heard the unknown caller whispering. "I-I can't stop him anymore."

"Who's this?" I asked, baffled by what he had said.

"Soobin." Then, the phone call ended.

I put down the phone before looking up to my parents, my face looking confused. I couldn't seem to comprehend why Soobin had called me. Knowing that he was Mr Choi's son, it seemed clear to me that Soobin played a part in Jungkook's disappearance. But after the call, it seemed like something else was happening.

What the heck is going on?

"Who was that?" My father asked, trying to come nearer to me but I stopped him, wanting some distance between us.

"It was Soobin- I'm guessing you would know who he is-"

"Soobin? What did he tell you?" My father cut me off, his eyes widened.

I told him exactly what Soobin had said to me though it felt like a joke. At least to me, it seemed like it. My father however, had a different reaction-he looked anxious and fearful.

"One of your other friends is really in trouble..."

Tuesday | 21:40

Back at Mr Choi's basement, the four boys were shivering in fear at their hiding spots-Namjoon and Jimin behind a tall shelf, Taehyung crouching underneath a table and Seokjin behind a slightly short barrel. Out of the four of them, Seokjin seemed to be the most anxious. He realised how doomed he was when the ceiling lights turned on. Given the height of the barrel and his own height, he felt that it wouldn't take long for someone to catch him hiding there. And the loud playing of classical music in the background was not doing him any good.

"It's mealtime!" He heard Mr Choi yell.

Loud slamming sounds of the cages could be heard despite the classical music playing. Where Namjoon and Jimin were at, they were discussing in whispers on their escape plan. They even managed to hint Taehyung, who was under a table just a few metres away from them, where Jungkook was at and how they were going to escape. Seokjin, however, didn't know any of this plan since he wasn't nearby and was just silently praying in his heart that he wouldn't be seen and that all this would be over. Luck wasn't on his side though.

"Oh look- Who do we have here..." Seokjin heard Mr Choi's voice somewhere near him.

He tried to make himself smaller, curling up into a ball but he knew it was too late when he felt a nudge on his shoulder. He slowly looked up to see Mr Choi towering over him, a smirk evident on his face. Seokjin froze in terror, realising his impending doom.

"Please- I-"

He was stuttering in his words when a loud shot of a gun could be heard. Mr Choi, who was standing in front of him, groaned in pain before falling to his knees. Seokjin stayed at his position, in complete shock as he watched Mr Choi bawl in pain.

"Hyung, get out of there!" He heard the familiar voice of Jimin's.

Hearing that, he darted out from behind the barrel and headed towards three of his friends who were at the centre of the basement, with Taehyung holding onto the pistol. Taehyung had shot Mr Choi in the thigh with the pistol Hoseok had given when he realised Seokjin was caught hiding behind a barrel. However, it wouldn't take long before Mr Choi would be up again since he wasn't shot at any vital areas. Taehyung proceeded to shoot the lock on the cage Jungkook was in before the rest helped Jungkook out. He wanted to do the same for Yoongi but Yoongi was in another cage near where Mr Choi was at, still bawling in pain.

"You guys go on first- Bring Jungkook out of here! I'll get Yoongi out," Taehyung instructed his three friends.

He suggested that since he suddenly felt indestructible. The gun in his hands has made him feel a sense of power he never thought he could have. His friends agreed with this despite it being not part of the plan. As soon as they left the basement using the same route they have used to get there, Taehyung regretted his decision. When he turned back around, he realised Mr Choi was no longer on the floor where he was at just awhile ago. Taehyung immediately looked around his surroundings, his heart thumping fast as he looked out for Mr Choi. Seeing that he wasn't anywhere in the basement, Taehyung took quick steps towards the cage Yoongi was in to see his friend lying down on the floor, weak and helpless.

"Hyung, I'm gonna get you-"

A sharp, agonising pain could be felt on his head before he fell down to the ground with a thud.