14.

Tuesday | 22:00

"We need to fix this town."

Soobin remembered his father saying. His father would say the same thing to him whenever he brought back home someone new. His father would then torture them, telling him it would cleanse them and their souls, before dragging them into cages where they would be put to starve for a whole day. This torture process would always take thirty minutes in which his father would make him play the piano for that same amount of time to cover up the loud cries from his prisoners.

"These people-they're guilty, Soobin. They created a lot of trouble for the town," his father would say.

And Soobin used to agree with him. But not anymore. He no longer saw the purpose in it-in torturing people. He had enough of all of it when his father brought back home Jungkook-their next-door neighbour-saying that Jungkook was nosy and was thus, guilty of creating trouble. However, when Soobin tried to talk his father out of it, his father threatened his life.

"If you say that one more bloody time, I'll really blow your head off."

Soobin remembered a gun was pointed at his head when his father said this. Caught in fear, he quickly apologised, telling his father he wouldn't ever mention it again. However, that night, he couldn't take it anymore due to the deep-seated guilt that was coursing through his veins. He managed to get hold of Hoseok, the son of the police chief officer, by searching through Jungkook's phone, which was with him when his father's brought Jungkook home.

Soobin was slightly hesitant to call Hoseok at first but after he found out that his father caged another familiar-looking guy-Taehyung, he knew it was getting out of hand. As soon as Hoseok picked up the phone, Soobin told him what was happening in his basement, his hands were trembling as he constantly looked behind him to check for his father. Lucky for him, he managed to get his message across without his father knowing.

Soobin was hoping Hoseok would let his father, Mr Jung, know about the current situation since Hoseok was his only chance of getting close to a police. It was also because Soobin had hinted Mr Jung about his father some days ago.

"You shouldn't do this. My dad- he isn't what he seems like..." Soobin remembered telling Mr Jung.

Soobin was just hoping that Mr Jung would understand the severity of the situation and not let it slide again-like the previous time he did with Jungkook.

Tuesday | 22:20

Hoseok was together with his father, on their way to the Choi's house right after they received a call from Soobin. He wasn't sure why his father had suddenly changed his mind to head there when Soobin called despite being defensive awhile ago. However, he was just relieved that they were heading there since he was getting anxious about his friends who were trying to get Jungkook out. They hadn't call him yet so he was starting to get worried.

An ambulance and two other police cars arrived soon after they reached the front of Soobin's porch. Hoseok wanted to follow his father and the rest of his team into the house but was instead told to stay in the car. In the house, Soobin sighed a relief hearing the sound of the police siren, knowing that help was near. He was about to head to the front door to allow an easy entry for the police when he heard the familiar sounds of someone climbing up the wooden stairs of the basement.

That was when he felt something he never felt before-the slow-moving of time. Everything started to spin around him while his heart pounded fast. The worst thing of all was how his whole body was reacting very slowly. He turned to look at the stairs that led to the basement to see his father standing there, aiming that thing he was so afraid of-a gun. It was too late.

He watched in slow motion, the bullet of the gun being fired, aiming straight to his chest. By the time Mr Jung and his team broke into the house, they knew they were too late. Lying flat on the ground was Soobin, a bullet in his chest and his shirt stained with blood.