3.

Monday | 09:00
- Namjoon

After what had happened yesterday, I became less focused in class due to the thoughts and flashbacks that clouded my head. I kept recalling the man in the basement and wondered about all the possibilities on how he got there and why he was chained up.

Were the Choi family behind this?

"Namjoon? What's your answer?" I heard from a distance.

I immediately stepped out of my thoughts realising that my teacher had called out for me to answer a question. I sheepishly asked her to repeat her question. As soon as she repeated it, I realised it was related to today's class, in which I had not paid attention to since it started.

"Umm... I really... don't know the answer," I responded, scratching my head.

"Of course, you don't. You must be so deep in your thoughts," my teacher remarked with sarcasm before calling out someone else to give her an answer.

After the class ended, my friends gathered around my table, their faces evidently looking distressed. I was about to speak when Hoseok spoke first.

"I was thinking maybe I could ask my dad and his team to check out the house. You know, to check if that guy is still down there?" He suggested.

Hoseok's father was the chief police officer in our neighbourhood police station. He was different from Hoseok—decent and neat yet strictunlike Hoseok who is pretty much the complete opposite.

"Wouldn't your dad kill you if he found out that you broke into someone's house?" Yoongi blurted out.

"I mean, yes, but we don't have to say that! We can say that we saw someone else broke into the house or something," Hoseok suggested.

"Your dad would then summon a squad of detectives and then we would be in trouble! We touched things in the house, remember? The window, the door?" Yoongi reasoned.

Hoseok groaned in frustration, realising the difficult situation we were in. Certainly, we needed to tell someone about the man in the basement we saw yesterday since it could be a life-or-death situation for him. However, it was difficult for us to bring this up to any adults due to the fact that we got into this situation in the first place was because we broke into someone else's house. Our frustration became more evident as time went by hence, we thought it would be best to just forget about yesterday's incident momentarily.

Monday | 14:30
- Jungkook

Right after school, the boys and I headed to an ice-cream shop to relieve ourselves from the afternoon sun. It was warmer that afternoon so we thought of cooling off with ice-cream. We were seated by the window inside the shop so I casually glanced outside from time to time. At one point in time however, my eyes caught the familiar-looking physique of a guy across the street. He had his back facing me but from his height and body posture, I could tell who exactly it was.

Soobin. Choi Soobin.

My eyes widened in disbelief.

Didn't he already leave the town with his family?

Seeing that he was still there, I told my friends I had to run an errand for my mother before leaving the ice-cream shop. Soobin was still there across the street, looking at his phone, so I quickly crossed the road and headed to him. As soon as I reached him, I lightly tapped his shoulder before giving him a small smile when he looked up from his phone. He looked rather shocked seeing my sudden appearance.

"Hey... Didn't you leave town already?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah, we did but my dad said he misses the meat they sell here so uh- we came by just to get it," Soobin responded, pointing to his father inside the shop in front of us.

I realised it was a butcher shop—I assumed the one Jimin's mother was talking about—though I had never actually entered it.

"Ah, so you're leaving straight after this?" I asked, curious.

"Uh- yeah, I guess so. Why do you ask?" Soobin questioned back, cocking his eyebrow.

"Oh, I thought you might be staying—"

"Well, who's this?" A voice came from behind us.

I turned around to see Mr Choi holding a couple of bags in his hands. He was looking down at me, his face didn't look too happy. His body was well-built but the aura that he had was giving me chills. I suddenly had flashbacks as I recalled the man by window—at the piano roomlast night.

"Uh- He's Jungkook. He lived on the same street as us... before we moved out," Soobin responded.

I stepped out of my thoughts and gave Mr Choi a slight bow. I suddenly felt uneasy around them, wasn't quite sure why but I told them I had to go before bidding them a goodbye. As soon as I went back into the ice-cream shop where my friends were at I immediately went to them and crashed on the chair where I last sat, my heart palpitating fast. Seeing my frantic look, they asked about what had happened.

"Soobin and his dad... They're back."

.