9.

Tuesday | 20:00
- Taehyung

We decided to carry out our plan when the skies were dark since it would be easier to hide from the police or just anyone in general. Instead of walking from Jungkook's house, we took another route into the woods since there would probably be some police around his house especially because he was missing. Each of us had some sort of weapon-bats, a hammer and Hoseok holding onto his father's pistol which he had taken from his father's office.

The five of us shone our flashlights in front of us as Jimin showed us the way to the door he said he had seen Soobin entering from. We were all silent on our way there, only hearing the sounds coming from the crickets and cicadas on the ground around us. There was also an audible sound of an owl in a distance, making the woods creepier than it already was.

Soon enough, the light from our flashlights reflected back at us, indicating something shiny at the front. I realised it was a metallic door, protruding out from the ground, something similar to what Jimin had described. We headed over to the door to see a large latch across it. To our surprise, the latch was easily unlocked with a single push. We swung the door open before shining our flashlights down to the dark space to see a flight of stairs leading down. We were about to step in when Hoseok blocked our way, stopping us.

"Guys- I can't go down there- I-I'm not feeling so good," he uttered, his eyes filled with fear.

Jimin looked confused upon hearing what Hoseok had said since we had already agreed with this plan as a team. "But we're going in together. You'll be fine," he insisted.

"You guys don't understand- I can't- I just can't," Hoseok responded in stutters.

Seeing how frantic he looked, I knew he wasn't kidding. He was in a complete state of panic, his legs wobbly in fear. Instead of forcing him, we gave in and told him to head back home and call for help if we weren't out by midnight. He immediately nodded before passing us his father's pistol which he insisted we should take. I took it and inserted it through my belt at the back. Soon after, the rest of us-Jimin, Seokjin, Namjoon and I-climbed down the stairs into the dark space.

As soon as we reached the bottom, we were greeted with a long and dark tunnel. It seemed to stretch some distance-I assumed stretching all the way to the Choi's basement like what Jimin has said. As we shone our flashlights into the tunnel, we realised we couldn't see the end of it but were able to see two particular doors midway of the tunnel, one on each side of the walls.

"Where do you think Soobin went after this?" Namjoon asked Jimin as we took small steps into the tunnel.

"Not sure but his house should be right at the end-"

That was when we heard some clanking sounds from a distance in front of us. We stopped our tracks realising it was coming from one of the two doors in the tunnel. We stayed silent as we tried to decipher where the sound was coming from and what it could possibly be. Then, we heard some low yet audible grunts-like someone trying to conceal their pain. I gulped, my hands became clammy as I began visualising things in my head.

"We gotta go- Let's just keep going," Jimin insisted, his throat tightened.

We hastened our pace, trying to reach the very end of the tunnel where we were all assuming there would be a door or sort that would lead us to the Choi's. As soon as we reached the end, I internally sighed a relief seeing a wooden door despite not knowing what was behind it. However, it wasn't long before I was weighed down by dread noticing a keypad on the wooden door.

"What do we do now?" I asked Jimin, feeling a mix of panic and frustration.

I was expecting him to sigh in frustration like the rest of us, however, he instead went straight up to the door with such confidence-to my surprise. It was when he started keying some numbers on the keypad was when I felt something was-odd. The door unlocked, indicating that he had actually entered the correct key combination.

And that baffled me.

How did he-

"I saw Soobin keying in those numbers the other time," Jimin uttered, looking straight into my eyes.

It was as if he could read my mind. However, that wasn't exactly what confused me.

Have everyone conveniently forgotten that Jimin said he didn't actually go down here?

.