21.

𝗦𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗮 "𝗪𝗶𝘇" 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲
𝘖𝘢𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

"Tell me where you were the night this young man was murdered?"

"I don't know, what day was it?"

"February 17, Benjamin Clark was pronounced dead on sence from a gunshot to his head. We have right now three suspects."

Looking at the detective I was ready to go, Bam falling to the ground kept replaying through my head. "I was at home."

"You expect me to believe you? Your one of those black kids that want to get out the hood so bad luckily goes to a integrated school where colleges look at him, while the white kids take all the scholarships. But guess what, you can never escape this, your bound to this life, you know you love the easy money, that urge to sell to them crackheads around the croner to make that quick hundred dollars." He smircked looking in my face putting his paper down. "Now tell me the truth did you kill Benjmain Clark on February 17."

"N-"

"Bob I'm going to need you to stop talking to my client right now."

Looking up a man walked in locking eyes with me then the detective. "He can afford a lawyer? That's some shit, he's free for now."

"Come on son."

"My baby!" My momma yelled running to me crying, she hugged me tightly. "They hurt you?" She touched my face.

"They don't have no soild evidence right now just tell me what you told them." The man eyed me standing my pops.

" I told him I was home that night."

Lied my ass off know damn well I sent that boy six feet under.

"Aight. They're definitely going to call you back in as well with some other people. You need somebody to back you up of that statement."

Shit god got me. "Why is he even a suspect?"

"They saw a drug charge on his record."

"That shit is expunged been expunged since he was sixteen." My pops looked at him crazy.

"Y'all know how this polices work, they see everything. Y'all just call me for any questions."

【________】

"Man what the hell they got on you?" Sin took the gun out my basket.

"Nothing. They doing this shit cause I got that drug charge."

"That shit was so long ago, this shit really about to fuck up your scholarships." Assen threw a couple college packets at me.

"This could be god telling me that shit ain't meant for me, my dad doing good . Stay here start back dealing this smart shit for white folks."

"Niggga you are dumb as fuck. Your talented as hell, if anything I should be the one stay back."

"Real shit you and Sin about to be on TV and shit I'm just going to college to have something to do other than selling to these niggas."

"I killed our friend. How that shit work?"

"We all know Bam wanted all the money to himself, he was jealous. We getting out the hood while he was following behind his brother steps. It was either him or you in that situation."

"Be real, how you think Ms.Amy would've felt seeing you laying in a casket dead? Bam momma ain't even show up she in the damn crack house."

Incoming FaceTime call Cay

"Aight bruh we gone head out." They dapped me, hugging me.

"We love the fuck out you" Assen slapped my back.

"Don't do no stupid shit dummy."

"Are you okay?" Cay asked me soon as I answered.

"Yeah I'm straight. Definitely not my first time." I told her dryly.

"You don't look straight. I don't think nobody would be okay after being assucsed of killing their friend then sitting in a small room all day. No telling what that police told you and implanted in your mind."

"You think I can make it out?"

"Out of what?"

"This area, it just feel like I ain't supposed to leave."

"That's a lie. You can do whatever you want to, if you wanted to go back to selling drugs you can, if you wanna be in the NBA in four to five years you will."

"I'm not gone make it, I can tell." I refused to believe anything anyone was telling me. This street shit was destined for me.

"Who hurt you? Why do you want to stay in this curse so much? Being in the streets to me is honestly a generational curse."

My brother...

He was almost out just like me had scholarships lined up, colleges visting our houses, teams already wanting him. He got shot right outside our old high school after his senior night. He was deep in the streets, gangs wanted his head just for having that recognition.

My parents didn't know anything, but he broke in more money to feed me and them at one point I think they knew but needed the money so bad.

"You're crying, I'm coming over."

【________】

Finishing my blunt I heard knocks at my window. Stareing at it I thought of all the scary movies I watched deciding not to be the dumb white bitch.

"Santana."

"Hell no." I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

"Now I look like one of your two cent whores, don't appreciate this treatment honestly."

Squinting I looked out the window seeing Cay flashing her phone, "Damn."

I helped her up closing the window back. "Were you smoking?"

"No." I lied quickly blinking fastly.

"I can literally smell the weed. You have one more game you couldn't have waited until Friday night? What if they do a drug test?"

"Swear to god I don't care."

She frowned at me, "Don't play with God like that. Why all of sudden this random don't care attitude. What did that poil-"

"If my brother couldn't do that shit I can't simple as that, and fuck god."

" I think you need to cry." She sat me down on the bed. "I can't relate to your problems but if your feeling that way about the only man who has been there for you, something is wrong."