36.

"I don't even know why I fucked him, Cay this is very unlike me

"I don't even know why I fucked him, Cay this is very unlike me." Asia held her heart taking deep breaths.

"Asia it's not that serious." I took a breath finally done unpacking all of my belongings.

"It is, Jackson is going to think I'm going to keep running back to him everytime."

Maybe because you are...

"Well are you? If you keep going back just for sex tell him that, make boundaries and stop calling him your boyfriend."

"Alright, my bad I was supposed to be helping you and all. I'm still not understanding why you left Harvard."

"I needed a change four years of undergraduate at that over rated school was a-lot plus now that I'm paying for school mind as well go somewhere new."

"Child I praise you I couldn't do another two more years of college, I got my little nursing degree and skedaddled."

"Yeah question myself everyday on why I switched my major. Hold on." I walked away from my bedroom answering my phone.

"Cay?!" Trae yelled in my ear sounding like he was walking on a freeway.

"Where you at?"

"Man I'm at a damn basketball practice, told these sons of bitches I'm hungover and the brought me here. Come get me now!"

Trying to laugh at how serious he sounded, " Wait you in Atlanta too?"

"Yes, on accident sharing my location now." He hung up.

How do you end up in a different state by accident? "Asia, I need to go pick my brother up."

"You got a brother?" She whipped her neck fastly looking at me.

"Yes and he has a girlfriend." Asia had a problem with messing with men that had girlfriends, in her denfense she didn't know.

"Oh, well I'm just going to go. I have work in the morning anyway."

"Okay call me tomorrow." I walked her grabbing my purse.

Locking my apartment door I opened me and Trae message thread seeing him downtown at the Complex.

𝗗𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸

You down here?

Yep.

Come see me tonight...

Leaving him on read I had all day to decide if I actually wanted to go. Two years of being in a crazy dysfunctional relationship that wasn't a relationship with Derrick I didn't feel the need to respond in a timely matter to him.

Meeting him on spring break when I came to Atlanta three years ago he was just a one night stand, my only one night stand. He started actually texting me, calling me, coming to visit things you would do in a relationship. He was a simp and I hated that, I needed somebody to cuss me out a few times.

"Need to wash you." I mumbled unlocking my car. The jeep had to go I was at a minimum wage job and the gas prices were up.

Getting settled in I started my car connecting my phone driving off.

Where you at? who you with?
You ain't text me back but you likin' all my pics
I see you on the Snap, turnin' up, gettin' lit
Don't make me pull up and drag you right out that bitch

"Reason why you call me headed, 'cause you know I get jealous
And when I'm in my feelings, what I do, it ain't no tellin'" I sung tapping my nails against the steering wheel.

I made mistakes but I won't lie no more, won't make you cry no more
It's to the side, I'ma hide my pride some more

Incoming FaceTime call from Trae

"What?"

"You coming?"

"Yes I'm getting off the exit now."

"Ma- Sin back the fuck up dumb ass bitch, always damn playing. Cay I'm about to throw a damn table at these dumb asses."

"Try it bitch!" I heard Assen voice.

"This some type of reunion or something?" I asked.

"No, I dead ass think these animals kidnapped my ass."

"Yeah come outside." I hung up on him calling Queen and Ki. Luckily we all kept up with each other all these years.

"Girl what the fuck is up!" Ki yelled connecting. "Ain't talk to you in forever."

"We just talked yesterday, Queen must be at work or something. Why is everybody in Atlanta?"

"Oh Wiz got switched to the hawks for next season. They celebrateing I guess."

"Didn't he just get signed to some team up north?" I asked.

"Girl you know I don't understand all that, let me call you back." Ki hung up before not giving me a chance to speak.

Weird.

"Auntie?!" I heard making me looking up seeing Ryan and Trae walking out the door.

"Hey!" I happily got out my car hugging him.

"You coming to get him? He so mean." Ryan pointed at Trae low key mean mugging him.

Trae leaned back shocked, "You and your dad keep fucking with me."

"Cathy!"

"Assen shut up."

"What? I missed you." He smiled brightly walking over to me sweaty.

"Nope." I moved away quickly getting in my car.

  *҉

"Why you didn't text me back?"" Derrick asked drying his body off.

Finishing putting my clothes on, "I was busy with my brother."

"All day? You just text me twenty minutes before coming over then all you wanna do is have sex." He shook his head, "Why can't I not use the condom?"

His whole statement was invalid I didn't care he had to be dumber than a pig if he expected I was going to let him get me pregnant, "You just pissed me off, I'm leaving."

"Here you go leaveing, we have been doing this for almost two years. You go out every weekend show your ass, drink, don't even-"

"Sir, we aren't even together I got out once and a while and have fun because I'm twenty one. You just put yourself on the block list, ugly."

"Wait I'm sorry." He tried to catch me as I slammed the door in his face.

Sorry my ass

________

... Couldn't think of anything better for this chapter