Morning News!

January 13 | 6:00am

"Magandang umaga Pilipinas! Ngunit isang 'di kagandahang balita ang kapapasok lamang sa ating himpilan, isang dalaga ang natagpuang patay sa liblib na daan ng barangay Santorini. Napag alaman na ginihasa muna ito bago pagsasaksakin ng dalawang lalake, ayon sa pagsusuri, namatay ang biktima na kinilalang si Brenda Agustin ng New Hope College bandang alas sais kinse kahapon, ikalabindalawa ng Enero, taong kasalukuyan. Samantala, nasa presinto ng nasabing barangay ang mga salarin."

All I can hear was the beating of my heart, I froze because the location flashed on our TV screen was the place where I walked, 6:10 pm, exactly 5 minutes before the incident happened. I felt like someone or something pushed my steps all the way to my dad.

"C-can I barrow your car key, dad?" I said as I  motioned my shaking hand to his pocket.

"Sure, pero 'san ka naman pupunta 'nak?" narrowing his eyes. *You should not be asking that, I almost died last night because you didn't answer your creepy phone!* I swallowed those words to my throat, he's still my dad, I can't spit those words to his face.

He received no answer from me. Left with no choice, the key was dropped mightily to my left hand. Muddy? What's with him?! *tss*

*FAST FORWARD*

"Bakit hindi ako ang biniktima nyo?," I bravely asked. Everybody in the room was looking at me, the two young man standing infront of me, on the other side of the steel bar, were the exact figures that I saw that afternoon. I can smell the aroma of the coffee served on the table of the slim police officer looking at me in his cold eyes.