[Be the Real YOU]

//YOU MATTER

"Jaaaaaaammm, bumangon ka na d'yan."

Wiping off the chant to sleep more played by my bed. I lazily darted a gaze towards the wall clock.

8:23 am

OMG!

It's 8:23 already!

It splashed extreme cold water on my whole system, it awoke me amazingly that I raced to the bathroom fast, hoping that I can gear myself up to miraculously enter on my 8:30 class.

"Bat ba kasi hindi nag alarm yung cellphone ko!?" I mumbled, that phone was disgusting *urgh*

I zoomed on my closet, wearing on my shoes, I raced all the way to our gate. 8:30 am! Omg I'll be laattteeee. I'm about to set my right foot on the tricycle's side car but the moment froze when my little sister called out.

"Ate, saan ka ba pupunta? Linggo palang ngayooonnn" what the?!

I slowly opened my eyes. Yeah it was another happy, lively, and normal dream.

The cold breeze of the weather wrapped around my skin. Pitter patter of rain drummed the roof restlessly. I used to love the rain. But, that was then.

I felt the presence of someone behind me. A hand gripped my shoulder and...

"Look, watch the beautiful scenes outside. It's worth the while, Jam!" I heaved a deep sigh. I can't do that 'coz I'm blind.

"Let's have a walk in the park. Join us, when was the last time that you spent your time outside?" I can't 'do that coz I'm crippled.

"C'mon say something" I can't do that 'coz I'm mute.

"Cheer up, Jam. You're not a failure. Kung mag fa'fail ulit, then try again hanggang sa pumasa! I'm sure your parents will understand"

I wish I have parents to understand, I hate to play it back on my memory, it hurts a lot.

I started to love the rain when I was in first grade. It was one of the rare days that my mom would come to school and fetch me. Waiting outside the classroom holding an umbrella and a raincoat for me. While other parents will bring two umbrellas, my mom will only bring one, reminiscing the idea that we’re sharing under one umbrella makes me giggle. Sometimes, she’ll even let herself get drenched making sure that I won’t get a tiny drop of rain. I love how she carry me when the water is high.  I just miss my mom. But one day, she killed herself because of my drug addict dad.

I live alone. And I'm a failure.

"That was the real story of a successful doctor" the teacher with thick eyeglasses uttered.

**********

"Look, watch the beautiful scenes outside. It's worth the while, Jam!" I heaved a deep sigh. I can't do that 'coz I'm blind. Not literally, when failure and sadness ran through my path, I chose to see nothing but darkness. In that manner, it won't hurt.

"Let's have a walk in the park. Join us, when was the last time that we went out together?" I can't 'do that coz I'm crippled. Not really, I just chose to stop walking down the lane to prevent another towering rock to crush me.

"C'mon say something" I can't do that 'coz I'm mute. Yeah, actually I just decided that I won't utter a thing, it doesn't matter anyway.

*******
But one day, everything changed.

That's when I met Anika.

I locked my gaze towards the glass window. I'm watching her outside the door. She's still euphoric as before. That teacher is my best friend, and I'm the doctor in the story that she's narrating merrily in front of the kids.

I can't forget what a stranger once said that miraculously shook and healed me.

F L A S H B A C K

"You know what, sometimes we don't really understand whether God put challenges to test us or to stop us" I  traced the owner of the hand gripped on my shoulder, it's the tranfery, "watch what happens next, He'll definitely send someone or something to you, He'll drop a hint whether it's a challenge or a cut. Keep watching, but how could you do that if you'll do nothing? so stop being blind, crippled, and mute. You matter" her name is Anika.

P.s. someone requested me to compose a story that's somewhat connected to her. She wanted it to end in a tragic way, but I think she deserves a happy ending✨

Pps. Please read the title again! Sending love🤍

Note: To all the dreamers out there, expect challenges. But, it shall pass ✨💗