Part # 8

Shravan's POV :

It hurts ...

When you wanted to explain that you weren't wrong , but couldn't..

I was wondering if I could console her... She was lying at the farthest corner of the bed , carefully not showing her teary eyes to me... Her posture that curled up like a caterpillar clearly told that she was still sobbing...

Sumo... Please...I can correct all these things... don't cry...

I wanted  to hold her in my arms securely ... I badly wanted to say that it was a mistake ... I wished the moment we shared together would've been long lasted... I wished the moment I pecked on her hairline would have stood still...

I had no courage to call her by name... I shouldn't hurt her again...

My every muscle twitched in tension... But ,I have no other way than to witness her  each broken pieces , sitting  beside in harrowing silence...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

" Happy Monday sir..."

My assistant wished me cheerfully... His face was   brightly lit like a thousand watt  bulb...

" Sir... As you said , I have filed the petition... Here are the details sir..."

He was completely unaware what I was going through... In other way I had no reasons to scold him as it was me who told him to do so...

I simply nodded as a reply..." Huhh... How did you file the petition though it was a week end ?"

I asked in curious...

" Sir... Simple..!. Money...and  I added the name Malhothra, the great criminal lawyer !"

" I see...!" I pouted in distress...

For the  first time I felt guilty of being popular...

" Sir... Aren't you happy?" He interrogated...

If you say atleast one word extra... I swear I will crush  your throat...!!!

I engulfed the outrage ,by smiling crooked...

" Nothing...just thinking to reward you...how about a month salary as increment?! "

" Sir...?! ". He eyed me baffled as my expression and my statement didn't match...

I threw a death glare at him and gestured him to drive...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Already the media had gathered in the family court for some other issue ... 

The media shouldn't make this issue as a serious one.. !

Literally ,I pleaded God before getting down...I saw Sumo's car at the parking lot... My eyes wandered over the crowd to spot her...but , failed...

Perhaps ,she must be inside...

Actually , that's good only... If media people target me I could divert them ...

As I approached towards the family court , I was encountered by so many questions...

" Mr.Malhothra... why you are here?"

" Any special Case , you're dealing with family court?"

"  You're a criminal lawyer..Are you going to appear  in any case here ?"

" Are you here to divorce your wife...?"

Those unstoppable queries fired my mind... I clenched my jaw and shouted at them...