Part #11

" Shravan

" Shravan...."

Suman woke up fighting with deep breath... She was sweating profusely and her heart beat was racing where the whole body was rushed in with high blood flow..

She gulped hard to wet her parched throat.. wiping the sweat that had sprung in her forehead ,she clenched her eyes , recalling the dream...

Shravan...!!!

Her lips trembled while spelling his name...

She noticed the time to be 1 o clock...

What if , shravan is still waiting here?

Immediately ,she woke up from bed removing the heavy blanket... She rushed to the window and slid  the curtain ...

It was raining heavily though it wasn't  monsoon...  The wind was heavy and she could see some of the weak tree branches broke and fell down  unable to withstand the wind..

The car was still parked under the gulmohar tree..  She had tried to see Shravan in the car but failed as the darkness was massive...

Suddenly , huge thunder stuck and the lightening was so intense which made Suman to shiver...

The bright illumination ... !!!Accident...!!!

Thoughts rolled in her mind... Next moment, she took an umbrella and rushed to the elevator...

Whatever the issue  may be ,that shouldn't cost Shravan's life... Determined , she  pressed the lower level button in the elevator ..

  Ignoring the security's warning that it wasn't safe to go out , Suman headed towards the car ... Wrapping herself with the dupatta , she fastened her walk...  It was like half run...

While reaching the car , she drenched partially..

The rain reminded her the quarrel they had earlier. ... The rainy  day,  when Shravan broke their friendship  that made her heart shattered  came in her mind  as a rewind...

For a second, she hesitated...

The next moment , she shrugged off the reluctance and peeped inside the car.. 

He was not there... Tension built in her face... Holding the umbrella, she ran to the other side... Checking the car inside out , she baffled...

He was not there..

Where he would have gone?!

Tears overlapped her patience..  They threatened to roll down at anytime... Though she was consoling herself that he would be safe ,  she couldn't stay calm...

She thought of making a call to him but  found his phone in the car ...

He would be around here somewhere...