Shot 2

24 Hours Ago

I was lying on my bed with head phones on trying to solve the equations infront of me when my mom barged in my room.

Mrs. Anju Agarwal, wife of Kishore Agarwal, my mom was a well known name in the industry. Together with my dad managed our automobiles company. When i was young she and dad were never around working day and night for the company while i stayed with my grandparents. It was only when i turned twelve did they remember that they do have a daughter and brought me back to stay with them. That did create a great void between our relationship. Though did they try to give me everything before i even asked for but that emptiness couldn't be filled. But we still are cordial towards each other and i respect them and ofcourse do love them but something is always amiss.

Anju : Today for the dinner with Shekhawat's wear something Indian.

Sanyukta : Indian!? Why is that???

Anju : Uhmm.. umm... today Renuka and I thought that... uhhh.. we will try to do something different. You know not regulars so we made a dress code... yeah.. right... dress code.

Sanyukta : Really!? Are you sure??? You seem confused.

Anju : I am sure Sanyu. Wear Indian ok??

Sanyukta : Okay! No probs.

Every Sunday dinner at the farm house is common between Shekhawat's and Agarwal's. It's a ritual between both the families. And i love it. Though i might hate Randhir but i adore Renuka aunty and Harsh uncle. They are like my 2nd parents and they love me like there own daughter of which i take a lot of advantage when it comes to make complains against Randhir cause he gets all the shoutings and its fun seeing that.

But he is no less he comes to my parents when i screw up gravely and makes sure i get a scolding once in a while. My parents love him too and the relationship between them is much deeper than i have with my parents which makes me envious but what can i do in that. He had known my parents more cause he was always around them while i was at my grandparents and i got to see them only during holidays.

But something was really sketchy with today's dinner. I mean they havd never done something like this. It would always be some simple talk, game night or movies and Randhir and me fighting over something with our parents supporting the other onr until we called it a night. God knows what these women are upto. But if Renu aunty and mom wants i can surely wear something Indian for tonight.

○●○●○●○

We were parked outside the farm house and i could already see the Shekhawat's car telling me that they have already arrived. I was dressed in a simple indian dress.

Even my parents were wearing a bit different then there usual casual considering it as the part of the code i ignored it but my gut feeling was telling something was really going to happen today and that i wasn't going to like it. The secret conversation through eyes thatmy parents were doing or the stammers that they went to when i asked about today's night events at farmhouse or the talk i had with my mom before leaving for the dinner.

Flashback

Sanyukta : Mumma i am ready to go.

My parents were sitting on the couch when i came to the living room talking in hushed tones.

Anju : Oh my god!! You look so pretty!! Doesn't she??