15

Finn's POV

We've been in this fucking bathroom for over 15 minutes now trying to sober the child up.

I had things to do here, deals to make, customers to find. Yet I was seated on the floor across jeans brand while Ava was lying in the bathtub singing off-tone.

Have I mentioned we were in the dark? Yes, we were sitting in the dark because Ava said she wanted to 'see butterflies'. And it was common knowledge that it was easier to hallucinate in the dark.

"Finn, do you hate me?" Her voice came from the bathtub.

I sighed. "For the hundredth fucking time, no I do not hate you."

"Do I at least annoy you?"

"Just a bit. Because you're so god damn stubborn."

She hummed to herself. Then, she said,

"SHOOTING STARS!"

"What? Where?" Levi started looking around.

"There!" Ava pointed at the marble wall.

"Oh you're seeing things. Well, make a wish then!" Levi said excitedly.

She was silent for a long time. Then she said, "I wish my cat Pinhead lives forever."

I snickered under my breath.

"If you say it out it won't come true." I told her.

"What?" She sat up. "NOOO!"

"You gotta stop screaming that or people will think we're raping you." Levi reminded her. "Then I'll have to go back to juvie."

"Probably jail this time." I said bitterly.

"Are you guys high?" Ava asked us. "Where's Jasper?"

"Nope we're sober as a newborn baby," Levi responded. "'Cause we don't take drinks from strangers. Jasper's probably screwing some chick."

"Hope he's using protection!" Ava said in reply, before she burst out laughing.

"I'm sure he does, he don't want baby mamas. Hey, I'm thirsty I'm gonna get something to drink, be right back." Levi told us before getting up.

"Nooo, don't leave me." The child whined.

"I'll be back in a jiffy. Don't worry, you got my bro with you. He's strong and tall." Levi reached down to mess my hair but I ducked in time.

Once he left, it was just us. She better not pull anything funny.

The moment I dared to hope she wouldn't do anything funny, I felt her breath against my face.

"Hello." She said.

I inhaled deeply. "Lie back down and count your butterflies."

"Can I see what glasses you're wearing?"

"I'm not wearing any," I replied her.

"No you need to look at me. I have this superpower where I can see people in glasses. Your glasses tells me your personality type. Let me see." She said seriously.

"Fine, but no funny business." I gave in, turning to look at her.

I didn't realize she'd propped her head so fucking close. She giggled, before moving her head away to scrutinize my face. I got impatient after she stared at me with squinted eyes for too long.