Five

Taehyung woke up the next morning feeling extra extra cold. He felt like he was waking up in a frozen ocean and all he could do was hold onto the blanket covering his body. His eyes opened wide, annoyed at the weather.

  He thought that a little snow would be okay, but the window barely had any light coming through it and the snow was still hitting it. When he woke up in the middle of the night, he figured that the storm would be gone by now.

  Grumbling to himself, he stood up and wrapped his blanket around him, making his way to his door. He turned on the light on his phone and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he saw a piece of paper on the floor. He noticed what the paper was and huffed at at.

  The paper was taped at the top. The ripped piece of the map from earlier had been taped back on. Taehyung just stared at the paper as he picked it up and held up it to his light.

"Stupid." He huffed.

He opened his door and walked out, feeling that outside of his room was even colder than inside. He closed his door to keep some warmth in it before he made his way down the stairs, still wrapped in his blanket.

When he got about halfway down the steps, he could see another light coming from the living room area he had seen earlier. He walked into the living room out of curiosity and looked down into the floor to see Yoongi sitting down.

Yoongi had started the fire in the fire place and he had his knees pulled to his chest as he sat next to it. Taehyung stepped towards the coffee table and set down the map.

"You didn't have to fix the paper." Taehyung said. Yoongi jumped at the sudden voice.

"Ah," Yoongi turned back to look at him. "I made breakfast. It's in the kitchen. I'm sure the power will be on soon." He smiled up at him.

Taehyung held tighter onto his blanket. "How did you make breakfast?" He asked.

Yoongi fully turned around and tilted his chin up to look at Taehyung. The fire was burning behind him and his whole body was glowing by natural light, which made him look pretty enough for Taehyung to take photos..

"Gas." Yoongi smiled. "We have gas. The fridge food is pretty crap now, but I made toast and oats." He said. "Good enough, right?"

Taehyung hummed. "What if I don't like oats or toast?" He asked. Yoongi's eyes grew wide.

"I-It's all we can really make—"

"It's all you can make." Taehyung wasn't even looking at Yoongi anymore. "I'll go get myself something to eat. Don't really need you."

Yoongi frowned. "Why are you s-so mean to me?" He held onto his knees tighter, bringing them closer to his chest. Taehyung shrugged.

"I don't need your help."

  Taehyung walked away and started heading towards the kitchen. It was literally the first day of being here, only eight in the morning, and he was already annoyed by it all. Maybe he shouldn't have came on the trip.

  Or maybe stop being so mean.

  "I'm not being mean" He whispered to himself. He remembers when Jimin had told him that he's changed since high school.

Maybe he had.

  "Ugh." He groaned.

  He finally got to the kitchen to distract himself. Usually he's distracted by work and nothing can bother him besides it, so he never really has time to think about himself.