Seventeen

Taehyung took a taxi to his apartment. It costed way too much, but he knew he wasn't in the mood to ask Jimin to pick him up. He knew that Jimin would ask him too many questions about his trip— the trip that Jimin insisted that he should go on. What a trap. The trip went to hell and back about five times.

The taxi driver could probably feel the sadness radiating off of the younger, but Taehyung couldn't find it in himself to care about anything at this point. All he could think about was the stupid song playing on his playlist right now. That stupid Charlie Puth song— We Don't Talk Anymore. He turned the song as he listened to the lyrics more. It was in english, but he knew what the song was about; it hit too close to him right now.

When he finally was face to face with his apartment building, he felt like he should try to find a way to sneak inside. Fuck, he seriously doesn't want to be asked questions right now. He's used to disrespecting Jimin and brushing him off, but he knows that if Jimin tries to ask him something, he won't even have energy to argue with him.

Because the last that Jimin had heard from Taehyung, everything was going well. He told him about the amazing lodge and how much fun he had and he talked about Yoongi. Last time he talked to Jimin was before Taehyung had kissed Yoongi.

He made his way to the familiar elevator that he hadn't seen in a while. It had been a while since he really saw any modern styled furniture around because the apartment building was so much different than the lodge. The lodge somewhat felt more like home to him. It reminded him of where he used to live with his parents.

As he punched in the numbers into the keypad to his apartment, he realized how much technology had really advanced. Especially since he had to live without it for five days. Taehyung gripped tightly onto the plastic bag he was holding— a few candy bars that he bought from the airport after Yoongi had left him; he thought it could cheer him up. He ended up not even eating one.

"Taehyungie!"

Taehyung gripped tighter onto the bag. Jimin was standing at the end of the hallway with a bright and wide smile on his face. Taehyung was the complete opposite, but he tried to smile as Jimin ran up to him and hugged him tightly, which is rare from 2020 Jimin considering 2020 Taehyung was an asshole for forever and never really deserved hugs.

Taehyung was melting into the hug— the type of hug that should've only lasted a few seconds, but he dropped his plastic bag onto the hard floor, hearing the candy bars crash onto it.

He wrapped his arms tightly around Jimin and nuzzled his face into his neck. Jimin made a surprised noise as Taehyung started breaking loose piece by piece— merely because of a hug. A hug that meant a lot to him right now. And so yeah, he did break. He did start crying in Jimin's arms.

"Tae," The tone in Jimin's voice gave away that he was no longer smiling. "TaeTae, what's wrong?" Jimin pushed Taehyung back, wiping the younger's tears away from him. Taehyung just laughed at his own actions, but he was finding it hard to speak for response to Jimin's question.

"Hey, Jimin." A sudden barely familiar voice was creeping around the hallway corner. Taehyung was aware of the voice straight away and cursed at himself for crying. He didn't know Jimin had someone over. "What's Taehyung's favorite-" The voice came into view as it came to a stop. Kim Seokjin. The CEO. "drink.." Jin finished his sentence.

Jimin frowned as Taehyung frantically tried to hide his tears. Jin stood there almost awkwardly, not sure of what to say or do.

"Am I interrupting—"

"N-No, sir." Taehyung held back his tears, but blinked in confusion. Jimin walked up to Jin- THE Kim Seokjin- and pressed a kiss right on his cheek, stepping up on his toes to reach. Taehyung really felt like he was dreaming now. Jimin whispered into Jin's ear. Taehyung couldn't hear, but he was sure of what was going on.