11.

Chapter Eleven: A Heart For The Prince

Mara let out a curse as she opened her eyes.

The ache in her neck made her wince as she raised her head. Looking around, she realized she was still in the forest. Groaning, Mara dragged herself up and glanced around to look for the prince and Kai.

"Are you fucken kidding me?", Mara cursed as she looked at the fairy dust that surround her.

She knew that the fairies were greedy creatures that captured anything that caught their attention. They were all greedy but the worst one of them all was the fairy queen, Sol.

Rubbing the middle of her forehead, she took a deep breath as she gathered her thoughts. Picking up her pouch of the ground, she began to go through her things until she found the roll of string. Taking out a piece the length of her arm, she began to wrap it around her fingers until she felt her hand begin to slightly pulse.

Walking over to a tree, she pressed her hand against it, letting the fairy dust rub against her skin. Closing her eyes, Mara kept her hand against the tree and began to mumble a spell under her breath.

A sharp pain spread across her chest making her gasp as she opened her eyes. Mara bit her lip as the pain in her heart increased as the string wrapped around her fingers began to glow a light purple.

Ignoring the way the pain she felt spread down to her arm, Mara picked up her belongings and allowed for the string to lead her towards Kai and The Prince.

Mara had grown tired quicker then she expected, the magic was beginning to make her feel dizzy and she realized that was a bad sign. Holding onto all the strength she had, she tried her best to ignore the pain and kept on walking.

As the view of the fairy kingdom appeared, Mara slowed down her steps as she figured out a way to sneak in without being caught. When she realized there was a blind spot where she wouldn't be detected, Mara took her chance.

Holding her breath, Mara tried to calm her heart as she sneaked past the guards and walked into the castle. Holding onto the string between her fingers, she allowed her magic to lead her to the prince.

At the sound of voices, Mara slowed down her steps and came into view with the throne room. Making sure she was as quiet as possible, Mara hid behind a pillar.

Mara peaked her head, and felt her heart stop at the sight in front of her. She stood there and watched at they way Sol was kissing Prince Thomas. She tried her best to ignore the burning jealousy that spread across her veins, making her clench her fist.

"Well little prince, it seems like you have been bewitched"

Taking this as her cue to make herself known, Mara walked out of the pillar she was hiding and glared at the fairy queen, "Yes Sol, as you can see, he belongs to me."

In an instant, the royal guards raised their spears towards Mara. Sol gave her a smirk as she stood up, "Ah the witch, so nice to see you aren't dead."

"I can't be killed that easily not when you have my men", Mara took a threatening step forward making Sol raise her eyebrow.

"You come here to threaten me? Oh Mara, you should be smarter than that, we both know I am more powerful than you."

Mara rolled her eyes. She had known the fairies were egotistical, they loved showing off their power and making other people feel worthless. But she knew better, the fairies were greedy and wanted everything for themselves.

"Yes, well I have something that you don't", Mara moved her gaze over to the prince and Kai who were watching her with both a hopeful and confused look.

She knew what she was about to do would make their relationship go back to space one. Mara had known that Kai was beginning to open up to the thought of her. As for the prince, he had started to feel more.

Sol raised an eyebrow in curiosity, watching as Mara reached for her satchel and took out a glass vial.

"Hand me the prince and his guard", Mara raised the glass vial towards the fairy queen, "And I'll give you this."

The fairy queen laughed, "Oh little witch, can't you see I have it all. Why would I need one of your stupid spells?".

Mara gave the prince and Kai a glance, giving them a subtle nod before she looked back to Sol, "Oh Sol, but do you have the heart of a prince?".

authors note; oh oh, what did you guys think about this chapter? What are your predictions?

Hope you enjoyed it! Leave your thoughts and maybe a vote! Thank you!