Prologue

Pain.

All she felt was pain aching throughout her whole body. 'What happened?' Was all she could think of.

"You will never rule in Equestria. Any power you may have had in this world is gone. Tonight, you've shown everyone who you really are. You've shown them what is in your heart."

'That voice. Is that..? No.. I-It can't be..I-It's impossible..'
At this point she was arguing to herself unable to do anything. Looking up, she saw who she wasn't sure would see again.

'Twilight..! Atleast she's okay..but what about the others..?'

Even thinking made her head hurt. She was confused, yet she felt guilt wavering inside her.

Tears.

Tears started filling her eyes. Her eyes trying to look anywhere except the other girl's face, but unfortunately for her they landed back onto Twilight's.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know there was another way." she slurred out.

She doesn't remember why exactly she was sorry for but what she did remember was horrifying her.

"The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria. It's everywhere. You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours."

'S-Seek it out? B-But I can't.. No one will trust me after what I've done. No one.'
Her head started throbbing hard. 'Okay Sunset, just- just get out of this.. Crater.. And say your decision. You can do this.'

She tried to move herself up the crater to tell the Princess her decision.

'Everything hurts like hell. C'mon Sunset.. You can do it.'

Once she got half of her body out of the crater she saw the Princess' back towards her.

"But... But all I've ever done since being here is drive everyone apart. I don't know the first thing about friendship." again, she slurred it out, trying to cover herself with her own hands.

She then felt someone's hand in hers. Looking up, she saw the Princess' sincere smile and trying to pull the girl to her feet.

"I bet they can teach you." Twilight said, the sincere smile still on her face, while motioning with her hand to the other five girls. 'Why is she so nice to me after all I've done? I don't deserve this kind of kindness..'
Looking behind Twilight, she saw all the other five girls alright.

Her eyes feeling wet yet again, she hugged onto Twilight, not letting go of her. "Uh- Sunset?-" Sunset's grip tightened. Twilight squeaked underneath the girl.

Twilight was confused by her. She tried hugging her back, but everytime she tried, she would whimper.
"Can someone help?" Twilight asked, trying to look at the girls behind her.
They all had concern and worrisome looks on their faces. They quickly nodded and started helping out.

Applejack grabbing the first aid kit.
Fluttershy saying sweet things to Sunset.
Rarity checking her physical condition.
Pinkie trying to make Sunset happier.
Rainbow Dash getting Principle Celestia and Vice-Principle Luna for help.
Whilst Twilight was still stuck with a hugging Sunset onto her.

Some of the other students were going home or going inside the school for the dance. But even so when they left the scene they were worried. Not exactly all of them but most of them.

"Hm.. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong physically.. Or even with her fashion sense.. But Twilight, darling, can you please try hugging her back?" Rarity looked from Sunset to Twilight.