Chapter 5

The mornings were as bright as usual. But waking up that early wasn't that bad, unless you're bullied for almost killing the princess and her friends.

Sunset was currently sitting on the front of the school's staircase. She was there really early because of another nightmare that kept her up at night.

She still remembered that dream she had. Her feelings made her confused and couldn't tell what she was feeling. She didn't know what she was feeling.

'Alright Sunset, it was just a dream, nothing more. You don't feel anything special towards Twilight, and that's that.'

"Sunset...?"

Her head tilted up to the person who was calling her name.

"Fluttershy? Why are you here so early?" Sunset questioned.

"I-I could ask you the same t-thing.." she started to cover her face with her hair.
"I woke up too early and I didn't want to stay at home, so I came to school."

Fluttershy sat down next to Sunset on the staircase, staying quiet while fiddling with her fingers.
"You?" Fluttershy looked at Sunset for a bit before explaining. "I thought that if I come early there wouldn't be so many students here." Sunset nodded.

Then, it fell to silence. It was a comfortable one but there was some awkwardness in the air.

Sunset sighed and glanced towards Fluttershy. "I'm sorry for being such a douche bag and not accepting your friendship. I love to accept it but I'm afraid you guys might get hurt because of me." she then adverted her gaze from Fluttershy.

"I-It's okay.. We understand that we made too quick decisions for y-you.. and made it harder for yourself... "

Sunset's gaze turned back to Fluttershy, smiling at her words.
"Yeah, but I accept your friendship. I just don't know about the others. I have some trust issues with accepting friendships, and I think I need to spend some more time with each one of them so they'll earn my trust."

"I'll tell them!.." Fluttershy smiled happily at Sunset's decision as she jumped up.
"Woah, you're really excited aren't you?"

Fluttershy's face went red and sat back down on the staircase.

"S-Sorry.."
"Nah, it's alright."

There's the silence, again.

Sunset was looking at nothing but then her gaze landed on the statue. She furrowed her eyes and moved her gaze back to the ground.

"So, Uhm.. A-About yesterday.. Why did you leave in the middle of the school day?"

Sunset was afraid of this question. She tried to think of a believable lie so Fluttershy wouldn't be worried for her.

"I- Uhm.. Well.."

'Out of all times, you're stuttering now?! Oh my gosh..'

"All those things they said to me just got into my head and I didn't feel comfortable, so I left although it was kinda stupid of me."

Again, she made a half truth and a half lie excuse(re-reading this, it doesn't make sense-).

"O-Oh, alright.."

Before the silence could come again, two other people came to the school.

Sunset realized who they were and quickly tried to hide behind Fluttershy. She was still afraid of them for some reason.

Fluttershy noticed this and her cheeks burned lightly.

"Hey Fluttershy!-... Sunset?"

Sunset tried to hide her face behind Fluttershy's shoulder. She made sure she wouldn't move from her spot.
Fluttershy tried to move her slightly, but it was hard to.