Prologue 2

"Ms. Shimmer?"

Knocked right out of her thoughts was Vice-Principle Luna talking to her. She wanted to run but her legs said otherwise.

"Yes, Vice-Principle Luna?"
The dullness in Sunset's voice didn't go unnoticed by the VP.

"You have damaged alot of CHS grounds. I understand about what happened to your back but unfortunately I can't let you go off so easily."
Sunset nodded, not caring at all.
"You'll have detention for the rest of the school year, along with Snips and Snails."

'Snips and Snails. They got in trouble because of me. I shouldn't have dragged them along.'

"Right now what I need you to do is help Snips and Snails rebuild the front of the school."

Yet again, she nodded, not looking at the VP but just looking at the portal.

'I should have gone through. Why did i choose to stay..'
She sighed, walking towards the front of the school. She saw Snips and Snails carrying some bricks to repair the school's front.

"Snips, Snails."

"Yes, the almighty Sunset?" Snail's said, looking up.

"Need any help? And please do not call me that anymore."

"Yeah, we actually do need some help.." Snips exclaimed, but also surprised that she'd say that.

Sunset giggled on the inside and went to help the two out.

--

The dance was over. Everyone went home either by their parents picking them up or walking to their homes.

Snips and Snails had left awhile ago aswell, leaving Sunset do the work for them. She honestly didn't care, she did all of this and needed to redeem herself.
Sunset wasn't alone though. Principle Celestia and Vice-Principle Luna were talking to eachother and taking some glances at Sunset.

'Gosh, I ran out of bricks again! I need to go get more.'

She took the wheelbarrow and went to get some more bricks.

Five minutes pass and she came back with the bricks. She had herself positioned to not hurt her back. She made her stop where she left off and when she went to take the bricks, her back started hurting.

'Not now, not now!' she yelled in her mind. She tried to make it seem that nothing happened but it was really hard to. After a minute, it stopped hurting. She straightened herself up and went back to work.

"That's what I mean by her hurting herself." Luna explained to her sister.
"She does seem like she wants to make everything right for what she has done but I think she's pushing herself too hard."

Luna nodded in agreement. They were both basically staring at Sunset.

.

.

.

"Sunset shimmer."

Sunset stopped what she was doing and slowly turned around to face the principles.

"I think you've done enough for today. You can go home now."

Sunset nodded. She took the wheelbarrow and went to put the bricks back to where they were.

She came back, a couple minutes after.

"Ms. Shimmer, do you want us to ride you home?"

Sunset's eyes widened. She shaked her head quickly.
"Well, alright. Have a safe walk home."
A little smile crept onto Sunset's lips. She turned her back towards the principles and made her way out of the almost fixed school entrance.

'If I told them where I lived, they would probably take me into their home.' she sighed, walking down the street.

Some more time past, making her way through the night. She saw a familiar apartment get closer to her as she walked.

The apartment looked old. It looked like no body lived in there except people who didn't really have the money to buy a house, like Sunset. The apartment walls colors didn't look the same. The color looked really gross, Rarity would say it looked like someone made this apartment out of literal garbage. Some of the windows had many holes in them. There were probably rocks thrown inside them or something. The door on the apartment was an iron door. Those doors would be really hot to touch when the hot sun is beaming on it.

Sunset opened the door and closed it when she made it inside. She started walking upstairs to the third floor to her apartment.

'7.... 8..... 9.....ah-hah! Found it.'

She took her keys and slid them into the lock of the door, making a click sound after turning it sideways. She took the key out of the lock and opened the door to her apartment room.

It didn't look that messy but there were piles of clothes everywhere.
'I need to clean that up sooner or later.'

After closing the door and getting inside, she decided to go straight to bed after washing her teeth.
She made her way to the bathroom which wasn't that far from her bedroom.

She got inside, locking it just in case. It became a habit of her to lock the bathroom door even if she was alone in an apartment.

She turned to see a mirror. She walked in front of it and saw.. Herself.

Her hair was everywhere, her jacket ripped here and there. The bandages visible on her back, her eyes having bags under them.

She was a mess.

'I'll take a shower tommorow, right now I just want to go to bed and sleep.'

She got her toothbrush and squeezed some toothpaste on from the tiny tube.
She turned the faucet on, letting the water drip onto the toothbrush. She left the faucet on when she started washing her teeth.

After she finished, she washed the toothbrush so there won't be any toothpaste or something gross on it.

Putting some stuff back and turning the faucet off, she noticed something.

A... razor blade?

'Hm.. I'll see if it will come to use.' she put the razor blade in her pocket.
She checked herself one last time in the mirror and left to go to her bedroom.

She got into her room, went to her small closet, changed her clothes to her pajamas and immediately flopped onto the bed.

'I really hope tommorow won't be as bad as today.'

She closed her eyes as sleep took her over and awaiting nightmares to come.

A/N: Alright, next time when I update will be a REAL chapter(yes, finally). I am not sure how many chapters I'm going to do but we'll see as we go on.