Chapter 16: The Masquerade Ball

Lucia Mooncrest POV

A week passed in a blink of an eye, currently I am preparing for the masquerade ball that is being held. I learnt this ball was to find a suitor for the prince so maidens from across the land whether they be a commoner or nobles can come and wear masks to hide the fact of their social class.

I'm supposed to be by the prince's side to protect and serve him along with secretly trying to find a suitable suitor for him, this was a secret task his majesty requested of me. To be honest I don't know why I was assigned such an important task, but I will try to do it to the best of my abilities.

After fixing the mask on my face I knock on the crown prince's door rhythmically.

"Your highness are you ready to head to the ball, be sure to try and blend into the crowd."

I could hear him scoff angrily. I see a head of hazelnut hair pop out from behind the large wooden door. I already knew he was going to change his appearance for the ball but nonetheless was he eye catching.

No one knows of his other form except his family and me. I fix the tie on his neck making sure it wasn't crooked.

"You look dazzling your highness, those women won't be able to take their eyes off you."

I could see him blush and mumble beneath his breath,

"Shall we depart now, his majesty is expecting you to be there soon."

"It's not like they'll even notice if I'm there or not." I chuckle and nod. I am trailing behind him.

A ball is it, a ball

.

.

.

Wait is not this where the heroine will be meeting the capture targets. But what if they don't come since I did change the plot. I just want to throw the heroine into her harem and live the rest of my life in peace. Perfect.

I can tell the king for her to marry the crown prince. Then I can leave since I can. Maybe I can open a small bakery shop in the town plaza. That sounds nice then adopt some cute kittens and puppies.

My face collides into someone back. I look up at the prince who's face was scrunched up unhappily but he still looked handsome. Th power of ikemen is so strong.

"What are you dazing off about, idiot our meant to be serving me!"

"Sorry your highness-"

"Call me Sanion when we get in, or people will automatically know it's me." I nod in agreement. We step into the ball room, a warmth enveloping me. My eyes widen in amazement. The loud chattering of both men and women could be heard along with the music softly playing in the background.

It was a grand space, to say the least. The dining-room was simply exquisite. The walls were covered with a shimmering crisp gold paper that glimmered beneath the crystal candlelight. The huge mahogany table was left to the side with refreshments and side dishes for guest to snack on.

Two tall, silver candelabras commanded attention from the centre of the table, holding smooth white candles whose wax never dripped. On the walls were gilded mirrors with golden frames that were polished perfectly

At the end of the table were floor to ceiling french doors, left slightly ajar to let in the scented summer night air. The polished silver cutlery was heavy to the hand and shone brightly in the early evening light.

At each place stood a tall empty wine glass and there were beautifully folded napkins to match the runner.

Butlers walked around swiftly avoiding the guest with a tray in hand offering it to passersby. In the corner was a band playing romantic or lively tunes. In the middle of the hall were people slow dancing.