002

Okay, I'm gonna write to you directly, Michelle

Okay, I'm gonna write to you directly, Michelle. But like, not really DIRECTLY directly because I would throw myself off a cliff if you ever read this journal. Or I could just burn it and myself too. Both seem tempting.

God, I wish my brother would stop bothering me! Peyton just loves to tease me whenever I'm writing away in this thing. He sure as hell doesn't have any room to talk because he can't even use the correct your/you're. What a dumbass, am I right? I'm sure you'd tear him apart for it just like I would.

I've noticed some things today. Like you, I am observant too. Maybe more observant than you, but perhaps one day I could challenge you to that. We could spend our time pointing out stupid shit like what headband Betty is wearing today or how frazzled Mr. Harrington gets at decathlon practice. There's potential here, I swear.

I notice that you refuse to wear your hair down. I have always seen you wear it in a ponytail or a bun ever since I laid eyes on you. I don't know why you do it. Curly hair is a good look on you. Let your hair loose for a change, that is if you want to. I wouldn't force you to do things you don't want to do.

Speaking of your hair, the blue streak. I love it. You sure as hell didn't have it last week. See, I am observant. I was tempted to go up to you and compliment you on it, but I chickened out. I don't think this crush is gonna go away anytime soon.

I also notice the books you've been reading at lunch, in gym class, and pretty much any where you get the chance to pick up a book. I didn't think you'd want to read a book like Pride and Prejudice. I mean, a romance? Not exactly something I pictured you reading. I guess I can't blame you. You and Elizabeth Bennet have some similarities. I wouldn't mind being your Mr. Darcy though.

Do I sound like an idiot? I think I sound like an idiot. Man, I wish I could stop feeling this way. Things were much easier when I could just focus on my studies and nothing more. I didn't get on the honor roll every semester last year and every year before that for being a dumbass. The same applies to the decathlon.

You, Michelle, are a distraction, and yet I want more.

Fuck.

•••

MARIA TALKS!

using my platform since this story will be updated everyday until it's over to let you know that my message board is FULL of useful blm resources such as links to petitions and links to where you can donate and such. there's also a link in my bio that has a google doc full of those things and many more.

please take these things seriously. the fight doesn't stop here.

thank you.