017

So, I got detention, but apparently so did you

So, I got detention, but apparently so did you. Never saw you as the detention type to be honest. Maybe my observing skills aren't as good as I claim they are. I'm also writing this as we're sitting on opposite sides of the classroom, so this whole detention thing is practically being reported by the minute. Just my luck that Peter is in detention too. I don't know what the hell Peter out of all people did to get detention, so let me tell you what I did.

I got dress coded. Stupid, right?

The whole dress code thing just sets back the women's rights movement by a couple decades. Like, it's not my fault the guys are incapable of keeping their shrimps in their pants. I get that makes no sense because I used to be a guy, but I'm a woman now. That's all behind me. Besides, I would never to that to a girl.

The principal should've cut me some slack though. Apparently using the "I almost died this past weekend" card only gets you in more trouble hence why I got detention. Man, this school fucking sucks.

Maybe I should talk to you. We haven't really talked much since the D.C. trip. The only thing that's in my way is Peter, who looks like he's just about ready to hit someone. I get being pissed about detention, I know I am, but come on, chill.

I'm gonna look over real quick to see what you're doing. Nothing weird, just curious. Okay, it seems like you're drawing, but drawing what? Should I ask you to draw me? I'm sure you're an excellent drawer. I wouldn't consider myself an artist, so maybe you could teach me a thing or two.

Hold up.

Hold.

Up.

Um, why did Peter suddenly just leave? Sorry, dude, but you're not the main character in some coming of age story. This is high school. In the words of Coach Wilson, "sit your ass back down." Actually, don't. This is my chance to talk to you.

I hope Coach Wilson doesn't get mad at me for moving my seat, but there's a romance on the line.