026

Michelle opened the door for Kendall, having to break free of her hand since she had to use both hands to hold the door. Look, she has noodle arms and it's windy, let her live. Besides that, they entered the dance with shockingly not the response Kendall was expecting.

Everyone was hanging out and dancing like it was no big deal, aka not Kendall's expectation. She had been so conditioned to what people think of trans people that she thought people would look at her and Michelle weird when they entered the dance, but that wasn't the case and Kendall couldn't be more happier about it.

The two girls were greeted by their decathlon teammates minus Peter and Liz, and they were all excited to see them together. Kendall noticed how Ned wasn't with Peter like he always is, but she assumed it was because Peter has Liz as his date, although they had yet to arrive.

"You guys look so good!" Betty complimented them, and all the other girls agreed.

"Love the matching outfits. Are you two, like, together?" Cindy asked.

"We came together." Michelle replied, trying to yell over the blaring music.

"Cute!" She giggled, then went back to mingling with all the other decathlon teammates.

Despite barely being five minutes in, this was shockingly not bad. Kendall had no complaints to far and neither did Michelle. They were glad to have support from their teammates, even if they were secretly questioning the whole "are they or aren't they" thing. Even Kendall didn't really know herself, but she'll just act like she knows exactly what's up.

A few minutes later, the group found Liz coming towards them alone, which caused from confusion from Kendall. Shouldn't she be with Peter right now? Did he mysteriously leave or something?

"Liz!" Everyone greeted her. "Where's Peter?"

"Oh, you know those dad pep talks." Liz laughed. "My dad is giving Peter one of those in the car right now."

"Yikes." Betty cringed. "I'm sure he's scared out of his mind right now."

"Don't say that! He'll be fine." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Well, I see him coming now." Cindy pointed, and everyone turned to see Peter walk in with an odd look on his face. Liz ran up to him to see what was up, and it wasn't going to end good at all.

"Hey." Liz grinned at him, noticing the anxious look on Peter's face, but she played it off without any growing concern. "Aw, come on, what did he say to you?"

"Gotta go." Peter said, and Liz's smile immediately disappeared. "I'm... I'm sorry. You don't deserve this."

Peter ran off, much to everyone's surprise, leaving Liz speechless. Michelle turned her head to see where Peter was going, but immediately turned back to Kendall and shrugged it off. Sure, she had her suspicions, but tonight was about her and Kendall.

"That was interesting." Michelle joked, tugging at the neckline of her dress.

"Yeah." Kendall replied. "Don't you think it, um..."

"Weird?" She questioned, and Kendall nodded. "Well, yeah, but-"

"But don't you think there's some sort of reason?" Kendall asked. "I mean, you're observant of him, what do you think?"