2

I had packed my things immediately and arranged myself a carriage. I arrived before the towering castle that screamed death and despair sometime the following night.

I scowled up at the Vampire mansion.

Two tall pillars stood before the entrance — vampires carved out of obsidian. The left vampire was carved with a human woman, his fangs embedded in her throat as she screamed in horror. The right sculpture was a vampire with his arm raised as if to strike the human man grovelling at the vampires' feet.

With a sigh, I continued my walk past the two looming statues before walking up a set of stairs to two stone doors. Vampires unleashing their wrath on humankind engraved into the huge structure.

Home sweet home.

With a scoff to myself, I pushed open the looming entrance. My cold demeanour grew even colder when I entered the castle. I made my way through the foyer, which was lined with a beautiful red rug, leading up to a staircase. At the top of the staircase stood two guards, who bowed their heads as I passed them.

At the end of the hall stood two large wooden doors and another corridor that veered off left and right. With an irritated sigh, I stormed down the corridor and threw open the wooden doors, finding a display of naked vampires fucking each other around the throne room.

Moans filled the air along with the scent of their arousal. On the throne sat Dallick with a dozen naked women all craving his attention.

"What In Lucifers name is this," I demanded, loudly, my eyes undoubtedly turning red from rage.

Dallick threw the vampires off of him, giving me a clear sight of him. He smiled at me, throwing his hands in the air.

"Ah, my favourite half-sibling! Celeste, how have you been?"

His act did little to hide his unease from me.

"This is fathers throne room! And this is how you treat it!" suddenly I was a centimetre from him, my right hand wrapped tightly around his throat.

"How shameful," I hissed lowly so only he could hear before throwing him to the side. I turned to the rest of the room. "Now all of you, get the fuck out. Otherwise, I'll have your head."

I watched as they suddenly all started to pile out of the throne room, once it was empty I turned to see Dallick getting back up to his feet as he rubbed his neck.

"Big sis is back, huh–" he scoffed "–come to claim the throne now that our dearest daddy is dead."

"I have no wish for such power."

"So why are you back then?"

"To keep you little shits out of trouble and from killing one another."

"Here we go again, big sis playing mummy."

"Don't lie to yourself Dallick, you like that there is someone keeping you all in order, otherwise your siblings would be causing a whole load of unnecessary ruckus, and you know that. Besides, since none of you is obviously doing it I will be investigating fathers death. I'm calling a meeting in five, tell the others to meet in fathers study."

Reluctantly, he nodded and disappeared using his supernatural speed. I sighed, looking at the throne he was in moments ago.

"Father."

My little feet pattered along the obsidian floor, up the small set of steps to the large throne of bones and skulls. On it sat my father — exquisitely tall, dark and handsome. In an all-black outfit, fitted with an equally dark cape that dragged after him when he walked.

"Ah, Celeste my little girl," he would say and pick me up to sit on his lap, I would giggle and play with his dark curly hair that stopped at his jaw.

"Celeste."

I snapped my head from the throne to the entrance, finding one of my half-sisters — Divina — standing in the doorway.

"Imagining yourself sitting in it? Ruling an empire of vampires?"

"I'm not here for that."

She scoffed.

"Sure you aren't," she asserted, sarcastically.

"There's a meeting being held by me, in fathers study. I expect you to be there in exactly two minutes." With that I left the room, using my supernatural speed to get to fathers study.

I shoved away any memories that pushed to resurface and be remembered again as I entered his study. After all, I have been gone for fifty-three years.

Divina entered the room after me, closing the doors behind her before sitting herself down at the long oak table that was filled with the rest of my half-siblings. I avoided sitting in fathers large chair at the head of the table and instead stood behind it, overlooking my eleven siblings.

Divina; the second eldest. Dallick; the third eldest. Then Genevieve, Seraph, Aileen, Argus. The triplets; Charlotte, Stella and Clara. Jaxon then Virgil.

"Brothers and sisters. It has been too long since I've seen you all, it could have been longer but in circumstance's like these my presence is obvious to be needed."

"So if your not here for the throne sister, what are you here for? You've been gone fifty-three fucking years and now you show up when father is dead," Divina declared.

"I'm here to keep you all in check, like the old days. And to find who and what killed our father."

"There is no need, it was werewolves."

I turned my icy gaze to Dallick who had spoken. "Do you really think that a centuries-old vampire king could just be bested by a pack of wolves? That is an insult, honestly. He would have wiped them out and still walked out alive. So why is it that his ashes are close to the Crimson pack, yet they are still standing? I'm positive that this is bigger than what it seems."

Divina sighed.

"Just let it go. Father was old, he lived his days."

"No, I will not let it go. Because whatever happened to father could possibly happen to one of you, or at worst, all of us."

The table was silent before they all nodded.

"You may do your investigating sister but don't get us into any trouble, we as well as all of the vampires are at a high risk at the moment, with no one to lead us we are very weak."

"Oh Divina, must I remind you I have a fifty year superior on you, I know what I'm doing."

Dallick sighed. "You two sisters and your eternal feud, it is such a bore. Celeste is back. We should celebrate." He stood, throwing his hands in the air.

"That is actually a good idea. It should buy us some time, make it look like we are just being our usual selves as vampires to any prying eyes. Make some use of that ballroom and invite all the Courts."

"Of course, dear sister."

__________________

7 pages

Omg shout out to @999alex666 I absolutely love reading her comments. Would it be weird if I said that I updated this chapter just so I could read more of her comments? Cause like I rlly don't mean to sound creepy😅😂