14

One night past, I didn't bother to come out. Instead I bathed, hoping to get the stench of Cartis's scent off of me. The second night I read multiple magic books around my destroyed room. The third, I laid out on my balcony looking up at the stars. By the fourth I could hear my siblings outside my door, arguing with each other about who was going to go in.

I stood from my bed and opened the door, giving none of them a choice. Their eyes snapped to me.

"Oh your alive!" Dallick said sarcastically, causing Divina to whack the back if his head.

I stepped outside, closing the door behind me so they wouldn't see the destruction I had caused. "What are you all doing here?"

"We just came to check up on you," Geniveve explained.

"So I guess you heard my little outbreak, well I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?" the triplets asked in unison.

I nodded, "of course I am, in fact I was going to continue investigating tonight."

Most frowned but nodded, "Very well then," Genevieve said as she held out a large goblet filled with blood, "drink. You haven't feasted in a while."

I thanked her as I took the cup, "I'll see you all in the morning," I said after gulping down the contents of the cup and giving the goblet back to Genevieve, with that I sped out of the castle before making my way to the site where my father died.

I sighed, sitting in the clearing.

"Father, I've made a mistake."

Never in my life would I have thought that I would be doing this, I've always believed that once your dead you become nothing. It was a known fact that Dracula could never return to this world as a spirit because he was born dead.

"I went back to Cartis in my moment of weakness, I now believe he doesn't respect my title anymore and believes me to be so weak monster."

Nothing. Not even a small breeze or a song of a lone cricket. I sighed and stood.

"Im sorry to disturb you father, I won't be so weak ever again." With that I walked away from the tree that he had died under only to pause as I spotted an interesting paw print.

I squatted down, carefully examining the paw print. I held my outstretched hand over the print, tilting my head to side when I saw that the print was larger than my hand.

"What creature is this?"

The holes dug by the creatures claws were about four centimeters deep. This was definitely not some ordinary werewolf. If that was the case, then what other creature would have such a similar print to a wolf.

Nothing came to mind, other than the werewolves in Lagos. To travel from here to Lagos would take a considerable amount of time, even for a vampire. Lagos was a place that almost never stopped snowing, there werewolves there were much more brutal than a normal pack of forest wolves, and if my knowledge served me right, Lagossian werewolves were the largest of all werewolves.

What I don't understand, is why would they travel all the way over here? Was my fathers death intended? And if it was a pack of Lagossian werewolves, how did no one else find out about their travels.

I stood with a light sigh. Maybe an unexpected visit was due. But before any of that, I required a feast. If I didn't want to go on a rampage then I would need to feed, and the perfect place to do so was Oléas.

༄༄༄

The humans that loitered in the slums were not at all good enough for me. Their blood tasted bitter, not at all sweet like the nobles, but kidnapping nobles were to much of a tedious job.