15

"Lorcan. Lorcan, wake up."

I groaned at Georgia's voice, turning on my side and ignoring her. Suddenly, the was a heavy weight on me.

"Wake up."

I forced my eyes open and looked at her. "You didn't need to jump on me," I said, rolling over so that she sat on my stomach.

She didn't say anything, which was quite unlike her. Only a moment later did I notice it was because she caught sight of the scars on my chest.

"What happened to you?" she asked softly.

I grabbed her wrist when she was about to trace one, staring at her with hard eyes.

"Dont."

She frowned as she stood up, slipping her hand out of my soft grip on her wrist and let her arm hang beside her.

"You can tell me whenever your ready."

I only gave her a curt hum.

"So, what did you want me for anyway?"

"Well, I've decided that you need to find a job, so today that's exactly what your going to do."

A job. I wasn't even planning on staying in this town. But Georgia didn't know that, she knew nothing about me now.

For her sake, I stood with a groan, stretching my arms in the air before putting the on my the back of my neck. From the corner of my eyes I caught Georgia staring before she quickly snapped her head down, a red blush blooming on her cheeks.

"Fine, I'll go."

She smiled, "great! I might be back from work late so don't worry about me."

I nodded, "Alright then."

"Have a good day," she said before marching out of my room.

"Interesting," I said aloud, putting my arms down. I threw on a new shirt I had bought from the market the other day before chucking my boots on and leaving the house with an apple in hand.

I walked around the city, mentally mapping out all the corners and alley ways. I eventually made my way to the Berkshire mansion where I attempted to find whatever door I had seen when I was a boy, all my attempts were futile, like always.

I hadn't realised that the sun had long gone down until I had taken a break, sitting down in defeat.

"Piece of shit," I yelled, grabbing a rock that was beside me and throwing it across all the wreckage. "This door is not magic," I growled to myself.

I sighed, after a moment I stood. I suppose it was time to go back to Georgia's before she started worrying. With my hands shoved into the pockets of my trousers, I took the long route to her house, walking through alleys that I had previously mapped out before.

I heard a glass shattering as I came out into the street that the church was on. In front of the steps of the church was a woman dressed in an all white outfit, her hair adorning the same colour.

Celeste?

I stepped back into the dark and peered at her with more thought. There was no doubt in my mind about it, the woman was Celeste.

Was she the reason why I heard glass shattering? Why was she out so late? Especially dressed how she was! I had never seen so much skin that was deliberately shown to others, such an outfit would get you hung for wearing what would be called scandalous clothing.

Ordinary, was definitely a word which did not describe Celeste.

She turned and began walking, I gave her a few strides before began to follow her. I admit, I was curious where she was going like this.

She twisted and turned down alley, doubling back around a few times making me almost believe she knew that I was following her. But that was impossible, I was unbelievably good at stalking. Besides, how could she possibly know? I was quite a distance away from her when I spotted her and even now.

Some of the times I would predict where she would be coming out of an alley and taking a different route to meet her at my predicted area, each and every time worked.

Finally, we set on a straight course. I was surprised when said course lead us to the local whore house. Was it possible that she was in fact not a nobel but a whore that received her riches from pleasuring the needs of men?

I frowned, such an environment didn't suit such a lady that radiated an odd sense of power. Brushing my thoughts to the back of my head I waited a few moments before going in myself.

This whore house was different to any I've ever seen before. Men sat at tables while women danced in the middle on poles, the lights lit dimly, setting the mood into a lustrous state. Women walked around topless, with only a skimpy garment covering their womanhood, holding refill mugs. Women on poles reached out, brushing my cheek, neck or arms as I walked past, surveying the area for Celeste.

"Following me are you," A silky female voice whispered right beside my ear, Celestes voice. I snapped around finding the godly looking woman. How did she know I was here? A better question would be how did she circle around me with out me knowing?

"How–" I managed to get out before she cut me off by grabbing my wrist in a tight grip and pulling me towards the exit. I was shocked at the strength she possessed, even as I tested her restraint I couldn't even bugde her grip.

"As much as I adore fan boys, you don't suit the role," she teased, "now what are you doing here?"

Fan boy! I'm far from a boy and even further from a fan!

"Well I happened to come across you by the church and I, uh, was curious, so I followed you," I admitted.

She looked down at something before her hand snapped away as if she had gotten burnt. I frowned at her, almost asking if she was alright before I thought against it.

"I didn't think a noble would come to such a place like this... Your not are you? a noble I mean, I'm not going to tell anyone."

"I think it's best you leave. Now," she said with a dead seriousness.

"Hey, I meant no offence you know," I adjusted in case she had thought I meant my question as a insult.

"I don't care Lorcan, you just need to leave."

"Your– uh, my lady." she turned her head to the woman that had just exited the building. "Your room is ready. Will this gentleman be joining?"

Room. So she was a customer! I would've never thought! Was she into women? Or were there men who worked here too?

"Thank you and no, I was just having a moment with him," she answered the woman. The lady nodded before heading back inside, with her absence Celeste snapped her bead back around to me.

"Do not pry hunter, it's rude."

"And what if I wasn't prying, what if I said I came here to have a good night," I blurted as a last attempt to keep my pride.

"Well then I suppose you can enjoy yourself, the women here are the best of the best, just don't be surprised when you barely remember anything." With that she made her way back into the brothel.

I stood there for a moment, wondering if the was talking from experience.

"Hey darling, did you want some company?" asked a seductive woman, her voice sultry. Although her curves were tempting, I wasn't in the mood to fool around.

She walked up to me as she swayed her hips, snaking her arms around my shoulders. I gently pushed her arms off of me and side stepped her, "Im fine thank you." With that I walked away from her and the building.

She was right. I shouldn't be prying, if anyone did so with me, I would be furious. Besides I was leaving this city soon anyway, there was no reason at all for such foolish acts of curiosity.