4

"So, I noticed that you had an enjoyable night, sister."

I looked up at Dallick, who was sitting across from me drinking his glass of blood for breakfast. The nine other siblings were also sitting at the table eating and drinking.

"Hm, it wasn't all that bad I must say."

"Well, I did notice you with some Moon court vampires."

"Both vampires accompanied Celeste to her bedroom," Clara, the youngest of the triplets, revealed.

I snapped a cold glare at her, "Watch your mouth Clara."

She shrugged, a small grin pulling at her mouth.

"So, what are you doing today Celeste?" Seraph butted in quickly before I could scold her further, twirling his glass lightly while his other hand held his chin up.

"Well I was going to visit the Crimson pack and ask them a few questions."

"The Crimson pack! Those filthy mutts hate us just as much as we hate them," Aileen complained.

"Shouldn't one of us at least accompany you?" Jaxon advised.

I shook my head, "Having one royal show up to their door step is already bad enough, having two of us show up, they would probably assume we're there to eliminate them."

This drew nods from my siblings around the table.

I stood, "I'll be leaving now."

«««»»»

With my supernatural speed it took only four hours for me to make it across their borders. Almost immediately I was met by growling wolves and shirtless men.

A mischief grin made its way onto my face as amusement flowed through me.

"Hello there puppies," I teased. A wolf to my right, snapped it's pointed teeth at me, making my grin widen.

One of the shirtless men stepped forward, I noticed this one was only a young boy around sixteen.

"What do you want, vamp," he snarled.

"Calm down, I'm not here to be hostile. I've actually come to ask some questions." I glanced down at my left hand, momentarily studying my manicured white nails before fixating my eyes on the man standing a few steps in front of me.

"You know not to come snooping around here, that has been an unspoken rule for centuries."

"Look, I just want some time with your alpha."

"The alpha dosen't need whore's like you."

Before anyone knew it I was behind the boy who had just insulted me, my pointed nails digging into his neck, drawing blood.

"My patience is wearing thin pup, take me to your alpha before I rip your throat out."

"There is no need," A deep voice declared. I turned my head over my shoulder, finding a shirtless man who had a powerful aura around him. He was undoubtedly the alpha.

"Your man is extremely disrespectful, especially to someone as powerful as me."

"My apologies..."

"Celeste," I filled in for him.

"Well, Celeste, if you let my man go unharmed you may ask me whatever questions you desire."

I looked from the alpha's firey red hair to the man I held snug against me, his hair being identical to the alpha's.

"And do I have your word?"

"Yes, you have my word."

"Your brother has quite a mouth on him, teach him to shut it before he gets himself killed," I warned, pushing him away from me.

"Noted."

"So, my questions," I said, turning my whole body to face him, but never fully taking my attention away from everyone around me.

"Follow me."

I did so, walking beside him quietly as we headed off to the east, leaving his men behind. I raised my brow at the alpha when I realised we were completely alone after a while of walking.

A vampires hearing was much better than a werewolves, and it was clear to me that their was no one else around for miles.

"You seem surprised," he spoke.

"Yes, well, I've noticed we're alone. Why is that? After all I am a Vampire."

"Yes, well, I've had my fair share in dealing with vampires, I'm confident that I can take care of myself in such situations."

"Hm, interesting. Well, I've come to ask about the attack close to your borders, I'm sure that was not your pack."

"Indeed it was not, why?"

"Im asking the questions. Now delight me with the events of that night."

He was silent for a moment, but spoke soon later.

"During the middle of the night, my men on patrol informed me of a fight close to our borders. They could smell werewolves so their initial thought was that the Lumino pack was attacking us. When me and a few other pack warriors arrived at the scene, all my men had died. Their bodies ripped apart and left in chunks."

Then maybe the claw marks came from his men, when they were trying to defend themselves. But if that was true, who or what killed my father?!

"May I ask, why you, Celeste, the first child of Dracula, has come to question such an attack? After all it is not unusual for our kind to get into fights."

"Because a threat so close to your borders could also happen to be a threat to us one day, don't you agree."

"Hm, yes. I guess we do have to be aware of every detail around us. Its just that, I heard you left a while ago. And now your suddenly back."

My eyes snapped to eye him up warily.

"Now, now. What are you implying little flame?" I said, bestowing him with the nickname due to his hair colour.

"Nothing at all."

"If you must know, I have been missing my family for a while now, I thought I was due for a visit is all."

He hummed.

"It was nice talking to you little flame, but I've errands to run."

"The name is Iven."

"Hm, I'll see you around, little flame," I teased, before I left his side.

I didn't go back to the castle just yet. Instead, I thought it would be a nice night to visit the city nearby.

_______________________

7 pages