☆Chapter 10☆

There was a deep feeling to stay in the darkness forever

There was a deep feeling to stay in the darkness forever.It was cold but was more welcoming than the outside world.I didn't belong in the dark neither in the light.It would be better if I stay in the dark though.No more pain or suffering.

But there was that constant nagging in the back of my mind,nagging me to wake up,to continue living in this world.Live for the people who like me.

My head spun and my limbs felt like they were weighed down by an invisible force(I know you will probably say gravity but you know what I mean),but nothing compared to the throbbing pain in my chest.With each beat of my heart,the pain increased.It stole the breath from my lungs.All I could do was to beg to wake up.

"Isabelle can you hear me" a very distant voice that yet seemed familiar.It was like the hope in a dark tunnel.I searched for the voice,turning towards it with hope that it will help me,maybe this person was the light in my dark.

I slowly started to fight my way through the darkness,using the voice as my guide.Everywhere I go,there was darkness everywhere.I tired to slowly open my eyes and when I did I saw the most beautiful forest green eyes looking at me with worry and concern.

"OMG,you are okay" Lucas said as he helped me stand up and hugged me tightly.

"I was so scared I was gonna lose you" he said muttering to himself.

"What happened" was all I managed to get out,my voice was raspy  and very dry.I pointed to the water bottle on the bedside table and motioned to Lucas to get it for me.He obediently did what I said and helped me drink the water.The feeling was pure heaven.

"You had a heart attack" Lucas said.

Wait what!heart attack! I am literally 16!!

"How I am only 16,and I never had any heart problems" I said with worry and sadness in my tone.I cant believe I experienced something as dangerous as this at such a young age.Oh and while I was kidnapped.The irony (eye roll)

"I asked Marcus and he said because you were very worried and panicking a lot and you didn't have a lot of energy in your body so you exerted to much work on your heart,that's why your heart stopped"Lucas said with sadness evident in his voice.

"Why did you help me" I said murmuring in each word with my head dropped down in my hands.

"You are supposed to be my kidnapper after all" I said in  a matter of fact tone.

"True,but I want to help.Most of the guys here aren't really bad most of them graduated from university,but I guess the country didn't want to afford them jobs so they reached out for this solution" he said.

"Oh " was all I could get out.I was still shocked.

"Who is your boss" I asked still very curious about this place.

"Oh she is such a sweetheart" Lucas said while laughing.

"A she, and a sweetheart,in a gang!Lucas you do know those 3 words never fit together, right?" I said laughing.