he pulls me in

We drive around for a bit in silence, I don't know about him but did the relationship we had even mean something to him? Like, he's acting so calm. Maybe it's just me overthinking. The radio starts playing "Forever Young" by Nick De La Hoyde. A smile crept up to my face, this song went on the radio one night. He and I were driving back after eating dinner at the local diner, he stopped the car when we reached my house. I was thanking him when he grabbed my chin and kissed me.

"You remember this song?" Josh asks increasing the volume of the radio

"Yes, I do" I replied. My first ever kiss, ok that makes me sound like a complete 5-year-old. But hey, my patience game is popping at the moment. Time led me to kiss the most amazing person, did I really say that oh my-

"I still remember you were wearing this simple dress. But I found it so pretty on you, I remember I brought for you when we went to the mall" he smiled as he took a turn.

 But I found it so pretty on you, I remember I brought for you when we went to the mall" he smiled as he took a turn

"I still have the dress, sitting in my closet." I grinned as I looked at him. His jawline, oh my... Not gonna lie, I bet it will cut through a piece of steel. Why was I admiring him? He broke up with you while he was halfway across the world, stop simping.

"We are here girlie," he says. I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings, so I didn't really know where we were going. I stopped in my tracks, it was the dock that we jumped off in freshman year. I haven't been here since he left, it reminded too much of him.

a/n: here's the dock :)

He tore his shirt off and threw it on the floor, he looked at me and jumped into the still water. 

"JOSH" I screamed as splashes of water hit my face. He shakes his wet hair and asks me to come closer, I sit at the edge of the dock and watch him.

"Watcha looking at y/n" he smiled.

"Just looking at you," I say without thinking. Why did I say that, seriously? He laughs and pulls me into the water.

"JOSH THE FUC-" I shouted pushing him away but he grabs my arm and pulls me closer and places a finger to my lip. 

"Shush no swearing y/n" he grins. We stay there for a few minutes but I climb out of the water.

"Josh, all my clothes are wet EVEN MY SHOES YOU IDIOT" I shouted with anger, I walk back to the car and lean against the door. Josh eventually climbs out of the water and unlocks the back door and tosses me his sweatshirt. 

"Your welcome," he says to me. I nod and attempt to open the car door, but it's locked. When I turn around, Josh is in front of me and very close to me with his wide grin.

"Josh, seriously open the car door," I say annoyed. He doesn't listen but tucks a wisp of hair behind my ear. His eyes lock with mine.

"y/n.." he begins. I look at him waiting for an answer.

"I didn't mean to break up with you miles away, if I had the chance to break up with you in person I would have," he says

"Why did you even break up with me in the first place? We could have made long-distance work Josh" I say. He backs away from me and looks down at his feet. 

"y/n... I broke up with you because I wanted a new life, I wanted a fresh start. I didn't want my past life following me" he admits. 

"So you think I am part of your "past life", why come back to it? I am sorry but whatever this is, our relationship even if it's just friends it's over" I say trying to stay calm. I walk up the road to the main road and start my journey home, I heard a honk behind me. 

"What? I thought you would leave me behind like your past life. And hey, THAT'S MY CAR " I say as I turn around. He parks the car on the side of the road and steps out. 

"Look y/n I am sorry, but you can't blame me! I wanted a new life, I thought I wasn't ever going to see you again. I didn't want to put you in a position where you couldn't have a face-to-face relationship and you would be waiting for me to come back" he says as he grabs my hand and forces me to look into his eyes.

"Just stop, I can't deal with this now," I said as I grab the keys off his hand and start the car. I drive off and don't look back. Josh can find his own ride to his past life.

a/n: i felt like this chapter was kind of long or maybe short idk, thank you for everyone who's reading my book. Like seriously tysm, i love you. Remember to spread this story around and remember to vote pls :) love yall