he says goodbye

I gasped as I opened the door, it had taken us so long to reach here and the night sky has fallen and a crowd of 100's were sitting down on the grass looking at up at the sky. 

"This is so beautiful" I gawked at the sight of the blanket of sky sprawled with bright twinkling stars.

"Y/n you have such low expectations, a surprise is coming" he smiled as he held my hand and we walked to the grass and sat down. Suddenly a hand was placed on my shoulder, I turned around to see who it was and it was Avani and Nessa and the rest of the group behind them.

"We were not gonna miss this" smiled Anthony as they all sat down.

"What's gonna happen?" I asked. Then suddenly the crowd started shouting and everyone around me were as well.

"3, 2, 1!" screamed everyone. I looked up at the sky and see a burst of fireworks erupted in the sky, a big grin crept up my face as I looked at Josh. His grin matching mine, he placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. I smile into the kiss and I could feel him smile as well, as the loud sounds of erupting fireworks and shouting of happy people surrounded us.

"Thanks flirt" I smiled as we stopped kissing.

"We were all planning it, not telling you" smiled Josh as he looked at the sky.

"Why do I have to be left out on everything!" I groaned as I look at everyone else.

"I wanted it to be kept from you, to see your face when the fireworks started," said Josh as he looked at me.

"I love you" I smiled at him.

"I love you too" he answered. Then I see Avani talking to my mum from the corner of my eye, I look behind and see Josh and his family and my family here.

"You are full of surprises" I sighed as I lock eyes with him. 

"And you are full of pure joy" he answered as he tucked a wisp of hair behind my ear.

"What time's your flight?" asked Quinton from behind Josh.

"It's at 3:00 am" he replied. I checked my phone to see it's 11:00 pm.

"Don't you think we should get going?" I said as I put my phone back into my pocket.

"But we literally just got here and it took us so long" pouted Josh as he looked at the sky which was now silent and returned to its calm state.

"Josh your gonna miss your flight," I said.

"Argh fine" he answered as we both got up and everyone said their goodbyes to Josh and we were soon on the road.

"Y/n, I have my bags here we can straightaway go to the airport but you need to drop off my car back at home," he said. I nodded and turned the radio on before the silence got too awkward.

"When are you gonna visit?" I asked as he drove.

"Maybe when they give us break, maybe I might come earlier cause I'll need my car over there" he answered as he placed his hand on my thigh.

"I am gonna miss you," I said as I rubbed his hand.

"Same but promise me you won't become too sad? We'll text and facetime and skype okay?" he said to me. I nodded and then the radio played "Never let me go" by Florence + The Machine. The song flowed through the car as we stayed in silence as Josh drove.

"Never let me go, never let me go" I whispered as my hand wrapped with his.

And the arms of the ocean are carrying me
And all this devotion was rushing over me
And the questions I have for a sinner like me
But the arms of the ocean deliver me

"Never let me go, never let me go" he whispered back as he looked at me. I smiled and rubbed his thumb as the song continued.

Soon we arrived at the airport, we both got out and I found a trolley for Josh to put his luggage in. Josh walked up to me and placed his bags in and his arm found my shoulders as we walk into the departures area. We walk to the display board to see where he is checking in.

"You are over there," I said as I pointed where a line was forming. 

"Y/n?" said Josh holding both my hands.

"Yeah?" I answered looking at him.

"Remember that I love you okay? I am coming back very soon I hope, but I want you to know that you have turned my life upside down but in such a great way. I know this is a bit dramatic since we are gonna see each other in a few months but I hope you have a good senior year" he smiled as he said this.

"Josh, I love you too and you have also changed my life in such a crazy way. Good luck at Penn State, but I know you won't need it" I smiled back. He grinned and brought my lips to his and kissed me, I hold his face as his arms wrap around my waist. I slowly pull back when I hear an announcement for check-in for his flight and kiss his forehead and cheeks.

"I love you flirt" I smiled as tears fall down to my cheek. He wipes them away and kisses me again before he hugs me, I rest my head on this shoulder and soon I remove him from his embrace.

"I love you too girlie" he smiled back as he holds my hand and soon let's go and walks away. I see him check-in and look back at me as he enters the gate area, I smile as he goes in and stand there until I can't see him anymore. I walk back to the car park and get into his car and make my way back home. 

While I drove, I thought to myself on how Josh is going to do so well at Penn State and how I never would have thought that he would come back from Canada. A few months ago I would have never believed that the future me is dating Josh Richards. I would have completely flipped out, but it has been one of the best choices I have made this year. I am ready to start my senior year saying that I am in love with him, I think he's the one.

This is the story of my love life with Josh Richards, the story of him.

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍

a/n: OH MYYYY, this is actually so saddddd. I loved writing this book and I would have never thought this book was gonna be read by so many people. I love each one of you, and thank you for reading! if you guys wanna read the sequel, I'll update this book and let you guys know when it's ready! anyways thank you thank you thank you! I'll see you in the sequel or my other book!

xoxo vishi :))