he's an asshat

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, I sigh and sit on my bed. Yesterday was rough, I admit. I get up and put on this outfit...

 I get up and put on this outfit

My parents already left for work so I just start the car and stop by Starbucks and order a coffee and a bagel. I drive to school thinking about if Josh was alright after I left him on the road, wow that makes me sound so mean. I should have calmed down and at least dropped him off at his house or something. I arrive at school to Nessa and Avani standing by a tree, they see me and walk up to my car,

"Y/N! HOW WAS YOUR DAY WITH JOSH?" screamed Avani as she ran up to hug me.

"Errr not as planned" I explain to them what happened.

"Oh, you know what y/n?" said Nessa

"What Nessa, can we not talk about it?" I say as we walk to English together.

"Oh okay," she said eyeing Avani.

"Y/n, we need to tell you something," said Avani grabbing my arm to stop me.

"Continue," I said crossing my arms. Avani looked at Nessa and sighed.

"Did Josh tell you why he broke up with you?" asked Nessa.

"Yeah he did, why?" I asked

"So back in Canada he actually did get into a relationship, with.." said Avani

"With who? Do I know who she is?" I asked genuinely curious

"I was in a relationship with Josh-" Nessa says with guilt

"Nessa i-" I begin to talk

"I am so sorry y/n, don't worry we ended it before Josh came back from Canada-" begins Nessa

"I have had enough," I said angrily and storm off. Avani runs after me but I soon lose her through the hallway crowd. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I accidentally bumped into a boy.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry" I stuttered as I picked up my books from the ground.

"No worries, you in a rush?" he asked as he bent down to help me. I look up to see a black-haired boy with parts of his hair dyed platinum he looks at me and smiles.

"Yeah kind of, I am kind of running away from a couple of people," I said as I stood up. 

"Really?" he starts laughing. 

"Yep" I smiled. This guy was kind of cute, he has really pretty eyes. Okay, stop crushing, y/n.

"Where are you heading?" he asked.

"To Geography, which is right here actually" I replied standing next to the door of my classroom.

"Well it's nice meeting you..." he paused

"Y/n" I grinned.

"Quinton" he smiled and he walked off. I admired him walking off when suddenly a voice whispered behind my ear, and I jumped and gave off a small scream.

"The hell who-" I said turning around.

"Hey bestie," said Jaden. I screamed and jumped on him with excitement. Jaden was my childhood best friend, he went on vacation to Norway for 2 months to visit his relatives and he was extremely smart and his family was extremely rich. Josh's, my and Jaden's parents were all close friends in high school and that's how we basically met.

"OH MY GOSH JADEN!" I laughed hugging him again.

"Yes before you ask, my parents wanted to come back early so I could at least catch up on school" he smiles walking into class with me.

"Yay thank god, I have someone and you don't need to catch up smartie pants" I sighed as I sat in my desk.

"Why? I thought you had Avani and Nessa?" he asks getting his books out. I told him everything, from bloody Josh coming back and Nessa's situation.

"Josh's back? Wow haven't seen my bro in ages" he replied as soon as the teacher came in. 

"Really, he's an asshat" I sighed staring at the whiteboard longing for school to end. The first 4 periods passed by and soon it was lunch. I was in Maths and I sat far away from Avani and Nessa and didn't even glance at them. Apparently Quinton was in this class, so I sat next to him. He helped me get my mind off this whole mess and when the bell rang I got up from my seat and walked out the classroom.

"Hey y/n!" shouted Nessa running up to me.

"I am not in the mood Nessa," I say as I shut her out. She grabs my arm and turns me around and drags me to aside.

"Y/n, I know you're tired of hearing this but I AM SORRY," she said as she looked at me in the eyes. I sighed and told her to continue.

 "I liked Josh him since the start of freshman year, and when he was about to leave I confessed my feelings. He said he couldn't deal with our situation and didn't contact me for a couple of weeks, I was so mad at him that I didn't talk to him either. When suddenly he texted me, at the time I had gotten over him but it got me curious. We started talking and eventually, we were in Sophmore year. Middle of sophomore year, he asked if we could date as a long-distance couple. And I wasn't thinking straight and I liked him for so long so I said yes!" she said as her eyes filled up with tears.

"Yeah whatever, you guys can continue whatever you had going on" I snapped and walked off. Then she grabbed me and pulled me back. 

"Just leave me alone Nessa! I don't wanna hear this" I shouted with anger.

"Just listen" she pleaded. I sighed and gave her a nod.

"Okay so, we were a couple for a couple of weeks. We face-timed every night and hurt me so much that we couldn't see each other, then a couple of weeks lead to months then it leads to the end of that year. He said he was moving back here, and told me that we shouldn't date because he knew that it would hurt you" she says. I look at her and took a deep breathe in.

"Thanks for telling me Nes, but I need to think about it okay?" I said as I crossed my arms. She nodded and let me leave. I walked to the football field and sat on the bleachers. I got my lunch out and started eating.

"Why are you alone?" said a voice. I turned to see Quinton. 

"Hiding from my friends" I replied. He sat next to me and laughed.

"Still doing that?" he smiled as he bites into his apple. I nodded. We sat in silence for a bit until he asked.

"Wanna talk about it?" 

I nodded and told him everything that happened. He was a great listener, he didn't even interrupt as I ranted my heart out to him. And then I stop and look at him.

"What do you think? I know my life is messed up like hell. I wish it was normal, I want a life where I like this cute guy and he likes me back. We get into a relationship, we love each other so much. We like each other's friends, we go on double dates, we stargaze in a field of sunflowers and cuddle each other. Okay, I think I am overexaggerating" I said laughing. 

He chuckles and looks at me.

"I don't think your overexaggerating, I think you just want what everybody else wants, a life that's perfect" he replies.

a/n: ooooo what do you guys think about Quinton and y/n's relationship?? do we sink or ship?? okay, I am so cringy like I need to stopppp. If people are reading this book, do you guys like double updates or?? And also no hate to Nessa, she is literally a queen. Remember to share this story and vote pls:))  

And @anushikha1 I know you love double updates