12: Today The Goosebumps Begin

I feel like I'm inside an hourglass. The more time I lose, the more I'm suffocating.

I have obsessively cleaned my room spotless for three consecutive fucking days now, the toilets have been bathed in bleach twice, and every surface has been vacuumed until I felt like dust wouldn't even dare latch on for at least a few days.

Brandon, being the dick that he is, has been on my case about it—endlessly teasing me and only stopping when he needed me for a video. Claudia stayed out of my way, and Mom at least helped me with some of the stuff.

Anxiety is eating at me, it's crazy.

We've exchanged a few messages, mainly about how his shows went and his most memorable moments with the crowd. According to him, nothing beat the Ornella moment, and the straight vodka from a few years back, but every city held its own charm.

Without really noticing, the days pass by so quickly, and I start wishing for Armageddon. Selfish, I know, but could anyone really blame me? I'm so fucking torn between excitement and my nerves. Half of me couldn't wait until he gets here and see him in the flesh for the second time, and the other half just wants to die in a hole somewhere.

Jesus, this is a disaster.

Before I know it, I only have one day left before he flies in.

My knees bounce under the counter and Brandon swats it playfully. "Jesus Ned, relax. He's not the president." He moves behind me and reaches for the cereal. It's fucking four in the afternoon, what even—?

"He's Harry Styles!" I yell, a chuckle escaping towards the end. I see Cory and Nick laugh in my peripherals.

We've just finished shooting a video which means the boys will be preoccupied for the next few days until the day they post it. Thank heavens.

"Yeah, I mean if he were the president, I would probably bomb this house. No offense," Nick chuckles, taking a swig of his beer.

Cory hits his arm, a smile on his lips. "How very Russian of you."

"How is that Russian of me? Wouldn't you do the same?"

"I'd at least get them all out before I bomb it down!" Cory exclaims and we all erupt in laughter. "I don't recall you mentioning that."

"You are blacklisted from entering this house starting tomorrow," Mom jabs a finger on Nick's arm and walks away, a playful tone in her voice. A collection of oohs fills the room.

"You can't keep me out Jen," Nick straightens in his seat before pounding his fist on his chest like a caveman, "I'm twice your size and half your age."

"Yeah, and I'd still beat you at the treadmill," Mom shoots back, earning that high-pitched laugh from Brandon and a giggle from Cory.

"Destroy him Mom," Claudia mumbles.

"Harder," Jimmy, the AI robot Brandon bought speaks up suddenly. I jump in my seat and place my palm over my heart on impulse.

We all laugh at my reaction. "You have to get this freaky robot out before he gets here."

"Don't talk about him like that," Brandon covers Jimmy's non-existent ears, "he's one of us, Kennedy, how could you."

"Shut up," I yell, a chuckle breaking through.

Mom moves beside me. "So, who's coming with you to the airport?" I give her a questioning look. "To pick-up Harry."

"Oh, I haven't thought about that." Stupid. How did I think he was going to get here? It's not like he could get into an Uber or something without being spotted.

"We could go along."

I am taken aback when Cory presents himself. I hesitate. "I think we should ease him into the crazy, you know? Take it slow?"

"Kennedy Walsh," Cory says, apprehension in his voice. I raise a brow at him. A lopsided smile appears on his face before he backs down, "Alright, guess we'll see him when he gets here."

"No. You aren't seeing him at all. I'm not letting him near any of you guys."

Nick smirks, "What, afraid he'll fall for us and not you?"

"No, I'm scared you'll fall for him."

"And why would that be so bad?" Nick asks, and I couldn't tell if he genuinely was curious or he was trying to tick me off. "I'm a great lover."

"Tell that to your one ex-girlfriend," Claudia cuts in.

"They weren't even official, I think," Cory adds, turning to Brandon, "right? He only mentioned they hung out for a while."

"Dude," Nick deadpans, earning chuckles from his two best buds.

I shake my head in exasperation at their antics. I can't imagine Harry walking into this mess. I need Jesus.

"Right," I stand up and make a move to leave, "there are too many bodies in here." I turn to the guys, "Just don't do anything crazy tomorrow, 'kay? 'Cause I swear to God, I'll never talk to any of you again if you screw it up for me."

Cory laughs and makes a cross over his heart. "Nothing crazy. How about a marching band? That's okay, right? A big tarpaulin saying 'You never go out of Style, Styles' or blasting his album through the speakers?"

"Or we could order curly-haired wigs and wear them all day!" Nick joins in.

Brandon seems to get a light bulb moment in his head. "We could dress up as the One Direction boys and blast their songs!"

Jesus freaking Christ. I leave the kitchen throwing my hands up in exasperation. I hear their chuckles on my way to my room.

I'm nervous as heck and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get an ounce of sleep from this moment onwards. This is so crazy. My hands start to get clammy and a migraine starts to build.

Tomorrow, my fate changes.

But today? Today the goosebumps begin.