15: Blah Blah, Green Eyes

So.

Turns out Harry was tired after all. My eyes settle on his sleeping form across the living room. His arms were crossed over his torso, face still morphed by concentration towards the previous conversation he had been engaged in.

"That's talent right there," Claudia nods in his direction, "I never got to sleep around all these people. He must be really exhausted." She cocks her head to the side and nudges me. "Ooh, that position must hurt. Wake him up."

"And what, offer him my room?"

"Of course."

My head snaps towards her as I deadpan, "I was kidding."

"Would you offer him mine?" She asks, her brows raised in challenge.

Claudia wasn't a slob, none of the women in this house were, but she doesn't exactly match my level of OCD. Plus, she had a point—that did look like it hurt. "I'm scared," I whisper to her.

"Of waking him up?" Claudia scoffs.

Of actually falling for him and getting myself hurt in the process, I think, my eyes still set on him. Why am I even entertaining these thoughts? It's not like Harry's interested in me. Who am I even to pique his interest? I'm just one of the millions of other girls who are vying for his attention. I squirm at the direction of my thoughts and try to shake them off of my head. Well, there goes my insecurities. I knew this was going to happen.

I rise from my seat and head over to Harry. I tap his shoulder twice, and he stirs but doesn't wake up. I nudge him softly this time, my heart hammering inside my chest, and he opens his eyes, eyelashes fluttering like butterfly wings.

"Oh," he mutters, realizing he'd fallen asleep, and blinks a few times. A faint pink colors his cheeks. "Did I just . . . ?"

"I'm alright, are you tired?" I mock him, repeating his words from earlier. He chuckles before stretching, a contented look on his face. "Hey, if you want to get some more rest, you can head over to my room."

He crosses his arms over himself with a playful nervous look directed at me. My eyes widen at the realization of his implication. He bursts out laughing, clutching his tummy. I give him my best unamused expression and he sobers up, a smile still playing on the edge of his lips. "To your room then."

"Actually, know what, I revoke my offer," I say stubbornly, pouting and slouching on the couch.

I see him from the corner of my eye, turning his body to face me, his other leg bent at the knee. The humorous mood vibrates off of him and I try my hardest to not be affected. I sneak a look at him, just in time to see him suck his cheeks in to keep the laughter from bubbling up.

Jesus Christ.

I only last about two seconds before I give in, looking away and hiding the smirk on my lips.

"Is that a smirk?" He feigns surprise. "Is that a smirk I see, Kennedy?

"Knock it off," I bite my lower lip and gently push his shoulder, heart skipping a beat at him mentioning my name. "Go to my room!" I exclaim, faking a stern voice and pointing upstairs.

"Yes, mother," he sighs, making a move to get up. He looks back at me, not even trying to hide a lopsided smile, then he erupts in laughter again, this time with me joining in.

"Follow me, child."

The room immediately feels small the moment Harry steps inside. He has this undeniable presence around him that just . . . consumes everything else.