40: Phase 2 / The Epilogue

My phone had been ringing incessantly for the past few hours. Calls and texts and tweets and DMs—you name it—everything had been flooding my phone up with notifications. At one point, I had to call Mom to assure her Claudia and I were safe, that we were discussing the matter one step a time with his team.

She had taken the news differently than I had imagined, more disappointed than mad that she hadn't been in the loop before the articles were even released to the public. And that was a totally different subject to dip into.

Headlines, some creative and some misleading, have circulated the web.

Harry Styles' Charm Reaches Into the Youtube CommunityIs He Dating Youtube Star Kennedy Walsh?

A Sneak Peek Into HARRY STYLES' Rumored Girlfriend KENNEDY WALSH

WALSH OUT FOR KENRY: Kennedy Walsh + Harry Styles pairing takes the internet by storm!

Everything You Need To Know About Harry Styles' Rumored Girlfriend

All of those were planted by Harry's team of course—each word regulated and chosen carefully. They've resorted to making use of the terms "insider info" and "a source close to the couple" to make the stories appear more credible.

Meanwhile, we were told to stay off of social media; an easy feat for Harry since he doesn't go on it much, but for me—a person who thrived on it and basically is making a living out of it... it hadn't been quite the breeze.

Time and time again, I'd find myself reaching into my back pocket for my phone, only to come up empty-handed, because—had I mentioned?—I had surrendered it to Claudia for safekeeping, to make sure I wouldn't be snooping and lurking on Twitter tags about him and I. In the meantime, Harry's team had taken control of my socials: deleting tweets that could possibly hurt Harry in any way. They'd actually been at it for a few hours now.

My cheeks burn up at the thought of my numerous thirst tweets for Harry in the past few years. They'd chuckled at those, saying that those wouldn't be removed and that it would only push our narrative to be more truthful, more real, because in their words—what more could appeal to fans than one of their own ending up dating their idol?

Despite them having a point, it had inevitably irritated me a bit—them seeing Harry as this commodity to be dangled over hungry sharks, but Harry had assured me that they had meant well. They know what they're doing, he had said, fingers intertwined with mine. His faith in his team helped ease my judgment, but I was still pressed about it.

I remained antsy throughout the entire process, to say the least. There's an ominous feeling sitting in my stomach, like something's going to spring out and send everything into shards. I've tried to take my mind off of that, but I seem to be doing a pretty bad job of it. Harry stays beside me through it all, supportive and logical.